This week I’m skipping my usual Accroché Ensemble post because I want to spend the time that I’d normally use for it reviewing the project. Beaucoup de travail se met en vérifiant et en reliant tous les blogs sur les différents blogrolls au crochet. I enjoy doing it but I want to take some time to make sure the project is where I want it to be before I move forward. Maybe there’s a more efficient way to organize my findings. Maybe there’s a better way to approach the task. Maybe things are great as is. I’m just not sure yet and I want to review.
En attendant,, I thought I’d share with you some of the great things I’ve learned so far from the Hooked Together project:
- There are far more crochet blogs than I ever knew. I really thought that with my original list of more than 200 crochet and yarn blogs I probably knew most of the crochet blogs out there. Wrong. Every single week I find a new crochet blog because of this project. I love it. I’m so proud of our crochet blogging community!
- There are a lot of niche crochet blogs. I knew that there were a few blogs that focused on a specific type of crochet but I’ve been surprised to find the great number of crochet blogs that focus on a specific topic only like just fashion crochet or just thread crochet.
- Crochet lovers are often multi-craftual. Although I’ve found a lot of crochet only blogs, this project has also helped me to discover a diverse range of multi-craftual blogs from people who crochet as well as do many other types of crafting. Love it!
- Crochet bloggers have tons of diverse interests. Bien sûr, I knew this, but now my research has confirmed it. The non-crochet blogs that crochet bloggers are linking to include everything from travel to historical fiction, farm life to party planning. It’s terrific. I love showing this in print because it truly helps to break stereotypes about who crochets.
- The crochet community is even more supportive than I thought. I knew that this was a generous and supportive community but I’ve really seen that in action. So many bloggers are recognizing other bloggers on their blogs. And I’ve also received a lot of support for this project and some of my other recent endeavors on the blog. It’s terrific.