Accroché ensemble is my huge crochet blog project. I go through a blog’s blogroll and check out all of the blogs they read. Then I report back here, sharing their links to crochet, craft and other blogs. In the end, I’m going to put all of this together into a big display so that we can all see how the crochet community is connected within itself and to the larger craft community. It’s a big undertaking but it is oh so much fun.
Last week I looked at the blogroll for Bridge and Beyond. This is a blogspot blog, quoique, so it also has a “blogs I follow” page and I wanted to look at that section as well so that’s what we’re looking at in this week’s edition of Hooked Together. I was pressed for time this week so I only got through half of the blogroll. I’ll be doing the other half next week in a part three that will wrap up this blog’s participation in Hooked Together.
Bridge and Beyond collects knit and crochet donations for homeless people in Ohio including people on the streets as well as women and children in domestic violence shelters. This site is run by Sandy who is @sandycrochet on Twitter and Sandy Mader Holladay on Facebook. Her personal crafty blog is Sandy’s Space.
Tier One Blogs
These blogs are on the blogroll but they’re also already in the big list of blogs I already read. Impressionnant.
- A Stash Addict’s Ramblings. Which has already been part of the Accroché ensemble projet.
- Ambassadeur Crochet.
- Crochet by the Sea. Also previously Hooked Together by Bella Crochet.
- Crochet with Cris. One of my fave blogs.
- Exquisite Thread Crochet Dainties. Also previously Hooked Together by Bella Crochet.
Last Week’s Blogs
Some of the blogs on the “blogs I follow” list are naturally also the blogs on the blogroll of the home page so they were already looked at last week. Those blogs are:
- Amy TinCan Random Craziness.
- Big Hearts, Busy Hands.
- Cake and Angels.
- Crochet Princess.
- Dandelion’s and Clover.
- Danette’s Charity Crafting.
- Ghost’s Yarn Tales.
- Harvest Hill Farm.
- Ignite to Write.
- Karen’s Crocheted Garden of Colors.
- Knitting by the Ocean.
- Lil Knit of This and That.
- My Crochet World, Etc.
- Peggy and Jessie Crafting.
Hooked Together Blogs
These blogs are on the blogroll but they’ve already been linked to because they were on the blogroll in a previous Hooked Together post. Also awesome.
- 52 Weeks, 52 Hats. A knitting blog that shares one hat per week. Hooked Together by A Surprise Every Time.
- Affiniknitty. First Hooked Together by A Stash Addict’s Ramblings. @AstashAddict.
- Accidental Knitter. Also Hooked Together by A Stash Addict.
- Crafts from the Cwtch. Also Hooked Together by A Stash Addict.
- Crafty Clare. Hooked Together by A Surprise Every Time.
- Genki and Chips. Hooked Together by A Surprise Every Time.
- I Knit, Therefore I Am. Also Hooked Together by A Stash Addict.
- It Might be a Metaphor. Hooked Together by A Surprise Every Time.
- Knit and Seek. Another One from a Surprise Every Time’s blogroll.
- Knitting Adventure. Another One from a Surprise Every Time’s blogroll.
New-to-Me Crochet Blogs
- Beth’s Crafty Cupboard. Crochet stuff from a contributor to Bridge and Beyond.
- Hazel’s Crochet. I learned about this crochet blog from participating in Year of Projects.
Multi-Craftual Blogs Including Crochet
- Coffee n Crafts. Faith-based crochet and crafty blog.
- Curiously Crafted Creations. Crochet and amigurumi, knitting and more.
- eCraft Classes. This is the blog for a site that offers online craft classes including crochet. New to me. Fun!
- Fiber of All Sorts. Very pretty blog with all sorts of fiber crafts. @h20girl76
- Haak-en-stekie. Knit and crochet blog which I know about from Year of Projects.
- Handmade by Just-In. Crochet-rich crafty blog.
- If the Knit Fits. Mostly a knitting blog with some dyeing, spinning, crochet and other crafts.
- Jen Crutchfield. Another one I know from Year of Projects.
- Krafty Kitten. Crochet, gardening, writing and parenting blog.
- My Life’s Journey in Focus. Photography blog.
- Etiquette in Vogue. Modern etiquette blog.
- Scissors Paper Wok. Crafty blog and veggie cooking blog. @SPWblog
- 500 Places with Kids. Fun family travel blog. @500placeswkids
- Generation Z. Cruising in an RV. RV camping travel blog.
- A Call to Yarns. Knitting blog with lovely photos of WIP in FOs.
- A Mom’s Balancing Act. The quintessential WAHM blog.
- Andrea’s Artful Tidbits. Art and crafty blog by a graphic designer. @andreasartz
- Animal Talk. “For and about animal people”.
- Snap Edit Scrap. Photographer’s life blog.
- Apron Senorita. Faith-based domestic craft blog. @ApronSenorita.
- Bead Loom Journal. Craft blog about beading on a loom.
- Beaded Tail. An animal lover’s blog about beaded jewelry.
- Being Careful Not to Twist. Knitting blog by @ nursenikkiknits
- Boobies, Babies and a Blog. A giveaway and reviews blog.
- Bunnies and Bettas. An animal lover’s knitting blog.
- Catch My Words. Life humor blog.
- Celery and Carrots. Dieting journey blog.
- Charm of the Carolines. Charming photo-rich blog from Tennessee life.
- Cheri Quite Contrary. Personal life blog.
- Classic Children’s Books. The name says it all!
- Common Sense. A personal and political thoughts blog. Not the same blog as the Common Sense linked to in a previous Hooked Together post.
- Confessions of a Psychotic Housewife. A recipe, coupons and review blog. @psychotichouse
- ContainYa Crafts. Scrabooking and paper crafting blog.
- Crows Creek Primitives. Mostly a photo blog from an Etsy seller.
- Czech Off The Beaten Path. Travel and life blog from someone who moved to the Czech Republic 5 years ago.
- Don’t Call Me Betsy. Cute sewer / quilter’s blog. @dontcallmebetsy
- Eddie’s Blog. Faith based blog that seems to be rich in reviews.
- Elephant Juice. Pretty knitting blog. @elephant_Juice
- Everything Coastal. All things about life on the coast. Fun idea!
- Exploring Almost Forgotten Grave Sites in Ohio. Oui, that’s what this is about.
- Finding my Knitch. Knitter’s life blog.
- Flamingo KS Blogabout. Mostly a sewing craft blog.
- Playing with Angels. Site / blog for organization helping families of sick children.
- Gifts from the Sea. Photo-focused life blog.
- Globetrotter. Traveler’s blog.
- Grampy’s World. A grandfather’s life blog. This intrigues me since you don’t see many life blogs from older men.
- Harriet and Friends. Review blog with random posts of interesting facts and other goodies. @harrietb
- Hawaii Dreaming. Knitting and crafty blog from a homeschooling Mom.
- Homeless Families Foundation. Updates.
- Inspired Paper. Paper crafting blog.
- Inspiring you to Save. Couponing and giveaways blog. @inspiringu2save
- It’s a Knitting Thing. Knitting blog with lots of project shares.
- Jenny Briggs. Painting blog.
- Joyarna Knitblog. Tricot, spinning and dyeing.
- Judy’s Handmade Creations. Craft blog with emphasis on papercrafting.
- Kismet’s Companion. Tarot, knitting and more.
- Knit Nutt. Knitting and spinning blog.
- Knit One, Stitch One, Save One? Another blog participating in Year of Projects.
- Knit with KT. Knitting as well as tech editing and related topics. @knitwithkt
- Tricoter, Sew and Scrap. Crafter’s life blog.
- Knit2Together. Most a knitting blog.
- Knitamazoo Fiber Arts. Knit-rich fiber arts blog.
- Knitting Kitties. Knitter’s blog from my hometown of Tucson, AZ.
Out of Date Blogs
For the purposes of Hooked Together, a blog is considered out of date if it hasn’t had a post in the past couple of months.
- All Things Remembered. Last post 2009.
- Andi’s Gardening Experiments. Last post June.
- Andrea’s Garden. Last post June.
- Bags By Melanie. Last post July.
- Blogging Circle. Last post 2010.
- Blueberry Tea. Last post July.
- Bountiful Babblings with Amy. Last post June.
- Chaotic Cilla. Last post May.
- Coming Back to Life. Last post June.
- Cool Widgets. Last post April.
- Crochet for the Homeless. Blog removed.
- Crochet n Quilt. Last post August.
- Environment Watch. Last post 2009.
- From Huskies to Husbands. Recent post stating that the blog is on hold for now. Author is now blogging at Dairy Free Diva.
- Gandma’s Crochet Life. Last post 2008.
- Heart in Hand Project. Last post July but you can still donate knit and crochet squares to this charity.
- Hooked And Purled. Last post May.
- Dans, with and Beyond Pain. Last post 2009.
- It’s My Space. Last Post 2010.
- Itty’s Page. Last post March.
- Just Flitting. Last post February.
- Karen’s Krafts and Other Krap. Last post August.
- Knit Pickers. Last post March.
- Knits and Needles. Last post 2009.
- Knitting Nonni. Last post June.
- Krafty Keli. Last post August.
What did I find? Great mix of stuff here in this section of the blogroll exploration. I find a few new crochet and crafty blogs to follow. I was intrigued that the links that were previously on Hooked Together were all from the first couple of weeks of the project. Fun stuff.