There are quite a few school programs these days that are teaching kids to crochet. I think that this is awesome. I was particularly touched by a story I read recently in the Mercury News about twelve-year-olds in the seventh grade class at a San Jose school who are crocheting baby blankets for newborns in needs.
Middle Schoolers Crocheting
There are lots of reasons that I think it’s great that these kids are crocheting. Some of those reasons are:
- Seventh grade is a super tough year so anything productive that these kids can get into is good by me!
- It teaches them a traditional craft that they might not otherwise learn.
- They are able to learn about the value of helping others and how you can do that with just what you can make with your own two hands.
- Crochet is terrific. Kids are terrific. Crocheting kids are terrific.
Helping Homeless Newborns
One Kid Makes a Blanket Per Week
Lectures complémentaires ...
- Kickstarter: Crochet de basket-ball Filets pour négligées Hoops
- 10 Des exemples de matériau alternatif Crochet
- Si, et Comment, Nous devons répondre à des tragédies avec des produits faits à la main
- Soldats’ Anges: Confort Handcrafted pour les anciens combattants
- Collège d'ergothérapie Crochets Club pour de bonnes causes