Pieter Louis Erasmus est une créatrice de bijoux qui travaille avec des artisans de crochet à New Delhi qui travaillent avec un type particulier de fil appelé Zari. From what Wikipedia tells me, zari is a type of thread that is made by wrapping a pure metal thread (like gold) around a fiber (like silk or polyester). It is prominent in Indian clothing where it is used as embroidery or weaving to make interesting designs on the fabric. Cependant, Erasmus uses it crocheted over jewels and shapes to create really unique jewelry for St. Erasmus. He’s gotten a lot of attention for this jewelry in the past few years after one of his pieces was worn by Michelle Obama.
I first learned about this jewelry from an online interview. My favorite thing in this interview is that Erasmus explains that these elaborate costume jewelry pieces should be worn with a T-shirt and jeans because it allows it to be an over-the-top centerpiece that doesn’t really take itself too seriously. Comment s'amuser. He also says he’d love to design for Lady Gaga.
Here are some of the crocheted zari pieces I like from his current collection:
Cocktail ring embraced by crochet zari thread
Opal Pearl Drop Earrings covered in crochet zari thread
Acrylic flower necklace ensconced in Zari crochet
Lectures complémentaires ...
- Nouveau crochet sur la piste de John Rocha (Automne / Hiver 2014 Semaine de la mode)
- Nouveau crochet sur la piste de Rodarte (Automne / Hiver 2014 Semaine de la mode)
- Nouveau crochet sur la piste de soeur par Fratrie (Automne / Hiver 2014 Semaine de la mode)
- 2013 en crochet: Crochet Mode et crochet bijoux
- 10 Belles Célébrités portant Crochet