Here are some of the big and little crochet-related happenings that are going on in my world right now:
I’m adoring SF Crafting in Public
I’ve gone to this group (organized by @futuregirlcraft) a couple of times now and it’s really fun to meet up with other people who do yarn-y things and to craft in public. I’ve already gotten some great tips on various yarn crafts. At the last meeting I met @PrincessAnimal who it turns out has a store in The Mission I’d not known about before. I stopped in there on Friday night and adored it. The real draw is the back wall, which is filled with lots of luscious yarn, much of which is local or dyed locally or spun locally, which is super cool. However there are lots of other beautiful crafty things from the most gorgeous choices in blank journals to a row of stickers-on-rolls that reminded me of the days when I used to go buy Lisa Frank stickers to put in Friendship Books. Fun.
Sneak Peak of Freeform CAL
I’m participating in the freeform CAL hosted by @CrochetLiberationFront. Sneak peak:
Seeking stories about how crochet has benefitted your health!
As I mentioned last week I am in the midst of writing a book about the health benefits of crochet, a book rich with stories from people who feel that crochet has helped them in their healing process. I have been so touched by the amazing response I’ve gotten from people willing to share their stories with me. It’s impressive. And I am still seeking more stories. The way it works is you can shoot me an email at kathryn.vercillo (gmail) with some basics of your story and then I will follow up with a few more questions, which can be done by email (my preference) or phone or chat. You can be anonymous or not and share as much or as little as you like about how crochet has helped you with any health issue at all.
Changes to blog comments and feed
I also mentioned last week that recent survey results indicate that you as readers wanted to see a change to my comments section as well as to my feed. I’ve made both of those changes and am open to feedback about them both. The feedback, along with checking in on how these change interaction on the site, will help determine whether or not these are the right changes or still need some tweaking. The changes are:
- Comments are now powered through Disqus. This means that you can sign in through Disqus to leave your comments. I believe it also means that you can subscribe to comments via RSS or email so that you can see when I’ve replied back to you.
- My feed has been changed to feed://feeds.feedburner.com/crochetconcupiscence. (Note that if you read this blog in Google Reader or another feed reader). I have changed it to offer the full summary at this time. We’ll see if that continues.
Lectures supplémentaires ...
- Crochet à Coachella 2013
- Quince & Co. Crochet Pattern eBook Shows Gorgeous Rebecca Velasquez Designs
- 5 Techniques et les styles de crochet Inspiring je vais probablement pas entrer dans (Crochet Blog Week, Day 6)
- Les gagnants du Concours et autres nouvelles en crochet Le coin des Kathryn
- Mes Pinterest conseils crochet