De todos los puestos relacionados con crochet-Leí esta semana, estos eran los que yo pensaba que no debes perderte!
Antes de profundizar en, aunque, just a reminder about the deal that I’m running this week where you can get free advertising on the sidebar of Crochet Concupiscence in exchange for a contribution to my Hook to Heal crochet fundraiser project. Spend just $30 and get an advance copy of the book, a copy of my other book (Crochet Saved My Life) and a discount code worth $100 of free advertising on Crochet Concupiscence.
@foxslane led me to find out about the 1000 Doilies crochet art project. Fox’s Lane says: “Lisa Solomon, a Californian mixed media artist, is working towards a piece of art made up of 1,000 (sen in Japanese) doilies.”
She then quotes the project:
“1000 is a big deal in japanese culture. it’s wrapped up in luck and hope and clearly excess. so… in thinking about luck and placing it into my lexicon, my vocabulary, my means of working. 1000 doilies it is. and because of my fascination with color and color theory… 100 colors of thread. 10 doilies in each color to get to my 1000.”
I love community art projects, especially ones like this that include crochet and culture!
Inteligentes ganchillo Mensajes
- Knitting Deadlines: An Oxymoron. Smart @jordanapaige posts that also applies to self-imposed crochet deadlines.
- Crochet and Knitting Poetry. Sue of SIBOL asked people to share their crafty poetry and then put it together in this inspiring post.
- Smart Crochet Thoughts on Twitter. Aggregated by @elevenhandmade.
- Apps for Yarn Lovers. @websyarnstore shares info on some apps that knitters and crocheters use. This is a good supplement to my slightly-old article on 25 Crochet and Yarn Apps!
- Interview with Twinkie Chan. New crafty blog Glimmerwood interviewed designer @twinkiechan where she answers questions about inspiration, writing patterns and dreams of a yarn line.
- Support Your Indie Designers. Smart post from @freshstitches who explains: “This post isn’t about money. This post is about what you can do to support indie designers- in ways that don’t use money.”
Marcas Crochet Hermosas
Just Do made this beautiful crochet squares blanket. Can you guess how many squares it includes? Pop over to the blog to find out.
@winkieflash has created her next overlay crochet mandala and this is a detailed photo of the stithces; full thing front and back is on her el blog de ganchillo
I love the color combination that Pammy Sue of Scotty’s Place chose for this large granny square blanket; also love the crochet edging!
According to Matt (@mattscraftyblog) made this crochet fox scarf for his sister; check out all of the great photos and find the link to purchase the pattern on his el blog de ganchillo.
Es Un Mundo Amigurumi made this crochet bear with pajamas
- How to Work in the Bottom Ridge Loop. A Lily Chin tip via @CrochetMe
- How to Do the Herringbone Half Double Crochet. With video tutorial from @mooglyblog
- How to Crochet the Single Crochet Thermal Stitch. This @newstitchaday tutorial (with crochet video) is a great choice for a warm, textured stitch pattern.
Simple Sunburst Crochet Heart Tutorial free from Bunny Mummy
Free Crochet Flower Pattern from Sue of Suz Place and The Flower Bed
Free Crochet Coasters Pattern from Debi of Dly’s Hooks and Yarns
Hellebore Tote, free motif-based crochet bag pattern from @crochetkitten
12 Free Crochet Pillow Patterns via @allfreecrochet
@malabrigobuzz has released its first crochet ebook pattern collection with designs by Joanne Scrace (@notsogranny)
@allfreecrochet did a roundup of Chevron Knitting and Crochet Patterns including half a dozen crochet chevron afghans and three other crochet chevron patterns
- @futuregirlcraft reviewed the terrific Sugar and Spice crochet pattern book by @lindamade
- @gocrochet has reviewed Wiggly Crochet Dishcloths by Susan Lowman, published by Annie’s Attic.
- JD over @craftgossip recommends “Crocheting in Plain English” by Maggie Righetti as the authoritative crochet reference book
- @crochetbyfaye shared a Flickr slideshow sneak preview of the 16 proyectos de ganchillo in her upcoming book Sweaters ganchillo Blueprint.
Video of the Week
Spotted thanks to a link on @LaMaisonBisoux
New spring Rowan Yarns via @websyarnstore
- @KnitPicks had a security breach that compromised some customer information. I have to say I give them some kudos for their transparency with their customers (including blogging about it publicly) around this situation. What was interesting was that there was a not-quite-the-same-but-similar enough situation this week with some crafty designers and it was not handled as well, as discussed in a post by @margotpotter.
- The Little Treasures has opened a new Etsy store called Crochetella that sells, entre otras cosas, hilo.
- Wool Stainless Steel. @lionbrandyarn shared images of some projects completed using this unique fiber. I had bought some of this last year (eek, or maybe it was even the year before) and never used it because I couldn’t quite figure out what to do with it. Inspiración!
- Crochet Today did a post on yarn stores in San Francisco (and included tips on where to eat or grab a coffee nearby!) I’ve previously also done a post on 7 San Francisco Tiendas de hilo. Fun fact: It is logisitcally far easier to get yourself to an indie LYS in San Francisco than to get to a chain store since there are no big chain craft stores in the city.
Otros Crafty Cosas
- @sheepishknit shared the terrific photos from the Valentine’s yarnbombing project called Sheepish Heart Bomb
- Top Tips for Craft Businesses. From @molliemakes via interview with @lovelypigeon
Algunos Gracias Especial
- Bilingual blog Country Maison for mentioning my Hook to Heal project and including the Indiegogo widget in her sidebar.
- Wink of A Creative Being for doing a write-up on Enganche para Sanar en su blog.
- Crochet Today for featuring my guest blog post on 4 Tips for Choosing a Baby Yarn.
- Thanks to my current blog sponsors: Wink of Un Ser Creativo, Tracy of Crochet feliz, Jocelyn Sass of Jocelyn Designs, The Dragonfly Dutchess, Patrones Crochet Mamachee, Yarn Circle Mentoring Program y Anastacia Knits. You’re all terrific!
Feliz fin de semana y feliz lectura! Si esto no es una lectura creativa suficiente para usted, entonces es posible que también desee comprobar hacia fuera el “las artes y la inteligencia” roundup vínculo de amor que he hecho en mi blog personal, Diario de un polluelo elegante.
Lectura adicional ...
- 2013 Impresionante Premios Crochet Blog: Mejor ganchillo Diseño de Información
- 2013 Impresionante Premios Crochet Blog: Mejores Links ganchillo
- 2013 Impresionante Premios Crochet Blog: Mejor CAL
- 2013 Impresionante Premios Crochet Blog: Mejor Tutoriales Escrito
- 2013 Impresionante Premios Crochet Blog: Mejor Tutoriales Vídeo