Last week I had a guest post up over on Crochet Today in which I shared 10 Ways to Take Crochet to the Next Level. The point of the post was to challenge you to expand your crochet world by daring yourself in new ways.
I thought I’d just give a quick snippet here of five of the basic areas in which you can choose to broaden your crochet world:
- Learn something new. A stitch, a new technique, a new niche … Find something that you don’t already know in this craft and learn how to do it. You don’t have to love it, you don’t have to excel at it, you just have to try it!
- Make something you’ve never made before. Choose a type of project that you have never attempted, like a arte del ganchillo de gran escala piece or a tightly fitted wearable garment or an amigurumi animal.
- Use new materials. Try a new yarn. Adventure into different hooks. Consider working with weird materials like Plarn and t-shirt yarn.
- Go to a fiber event. It could be a crochet class or a conference for crocheters or a fiber farm’s open house day or a crafty meetup. Just expose yourself to the world beyond crocheting in your own home and see what it can bring to you.
- Use crochet to explore other aspects of your creativity. I can help you with this! Just check out my Hook to Heal fundraising campaign to learn more about this idea.
Check out all of the ten ideas for broadening your crochet world in the original post on Crochet Today.
The image in this post is the Granny Wreck Room by Allyson Mitchell, which I featured previously in my article on crocheted rooms and tents.
- Como una cama para mascotas camiseta hilo de ganchillo para su amigo de cuatro patas
- 7 Maneras fáciles de modificar un patrón de ganchillo
- Cómo el ganchillo doble cruzado de ganchillo (y agudos del ganchillo)
- Como la semilla extendida puntada de ganchillo
- Cómo un triángulo de la abuela en la ronda de ganchillo