Welcome to Day 2 of 12 Days of Crochet Christmas in which one lucky winner will get a selection of vintage crochet pattern booklets.
Today’s Prize: Vintage Crochet Pattern Booklets
One randomly selected winner will get:
1935 Royal Society Crochet Book. The vintage patterns in this book include bed spreads, table mats, pillow covers, coasters (called “cocktail slippers back then!) and more.
1951 Butterflies In Crochet Book. This vintage pattern book is all about butterflies but has varied patterns incorporating the symbol including handkerchiefs, gloves, hats, doilies and appliques for garments and home decor.
The vintage pattern booklets above are all from the sponsor. In addition, I’m throwing in five vintage pieces from my own stash:
- 1950 book of decorative crochet patterns to add to pillow cases; this one came from a yard sale and is definitely in used condition but you can still read the patterns and see the color photos
-1965 Shells and Vests to Knit and Crochet; more knit than crochet patterns but super stylish and in good condition.
- 1963 Peak of Fashion in Hats (knit and crochet instructions, mostly knit); good condition, beautiful photos
-1962 MCCall’s How to Crochet; right and left handed crochet instructions and lots of patterns for wearables and home decor
- Sears Interchangeable Yarn Chart; not really useful today since the yarns are outdated but kind of a fun piece of vintage knit/crochet ephemera
Thanks to the Sponsor
Today’s giveaway prize was sponsored by Lauren Fraser of 2nd Look Vintage, an Etsy shop selling enhanced vintage knitting and crochet patterns from the 1920s – 1970s. Lauren shares:
“My vintage creative journey is inspired by my Mom Marilyn : )
In 1962 she opened a yarn shop in Old Town Tustin, California …
It was like a “candy” shop of needlework patterns & supplies …
Most importantly, it was special place for creative people to gather.
Seated around tables in the center of the shop they would crochet and knit.
Speaking of their joys and sorrows, their hopes, dreams and ideas …
It was my favorite place to be!
Sadly, I lost my Mom and best friend a few years back,
but she left me with an enormous treasure trove of vintage patterns.
Trying to work from these old patterns was proving to be a BIG challenge!
The typeface is tiny, the photos faded and scratched.
I want to share Mom’s patterns, and make them a pleasure to work with.
Every vintage pattern is scanned, the photos are enhanced and colorized
Then the directions are converted into a new, easy to read and follow format.
I truly love what I do; I hope you will too!”
How To Enter The Giveaway
Do you want to win this great set of vintage crochet patterns? You must spread the word about this giveaway. You can do that in one or more of the following ways, worth one entry each:
- Tweet the giveaway. Link to this post and mention @CrochetBlogger.
- Share on Pinterest. Pin any of the images in this post (linked back to the post, of course).
- Share on Facebook. Link back to this post.
- Share via G+. Link back to this post.
- Share this post via any social bookmarking site such as Digg or StumbleUpon.
- Favorite 2nd Look Vintage on Etsy.
- Hit the Facebook “like” on Lauren’s Etsy page. (You can also do it on Facebook itself instead).
- Friend Lauren on Facebook.
- Follow 2nd Look Vintage on G+.
- Subscribe to the monthly Crochet Concupiscence newsletter.
Don’t Forget Your Extra Entries
Don’t forget that the top three people who have the most entries at the end of the 12 days of giveaways will each win a signed copy of Crochet Saved My Life. If this interests you then you may want to also do any of the following for bonus points:
- Share a link to the website for Crochet Saved My Life using any social network. 3 entry points.
- Blog about this giveaway on your own blog. You must include at least one link back to Crochet Concupiscence. It can be to this post or to the giveaway details. 10 entry points.
- Write a blog post on your own blog telling people about why you would like to win a signed copy of Crochet Saved My Life. Link it to www.crochetsavedmylife.com. 10 entry points.
- Add this giveaway to your sidebar. Use the image at the top of this post (feel free to resize as needed) and link to this post. 20 entry points.
- Add Crochet Concupiscence to the blogroll in your sidebar. 20 entry points.
Get the full giveaway details here.