“I told Kathryn that the closest experience I have had to the experience of prayer or meditation is when I am engaged in the making of something. I enter this other place where I almost feel transported and the world falls away. O, perhaps a particular part of the world becomes zoomed in on, as if in a strange focal lens. Others have also said the same, “Sewing saved my life.” or “If I don’t create, I will go insane.” I don’t think it matters if it’s crochet or another act of creation, for some of us there simply is no choice.
I once met a nun in Chicago who worked with mentally ill people at a clay studio. The pieces these people came up with were amazing! Faces with three eyes, bodies with two heads, twisted forms … There the work truly gave a language to what was experienced on the inside, but even the repetition of a needle and thread, of stitches on cloth, or baking and gardening – there is something important about working with your hands to release mental stress.”
How does working with your hands help you in your life? What does it do for you?
Lectura adicional ...
- Ganchillo nuevo después de una lesión cerebral
- Crochet de saldo diario como superviviente Depresión
- Inspiración: La curación a través del arte del ganchillo
- Mariposas ganchillo de esperanza para ayudar a elevar la conciencia del ms
- Entérese cómo 6 Bloggers ganchillo aprendido a Crochet y cómo nos ayuda