Of all of the posts I read this week in the crochet blogging world, these were the ones I loved the most. Check them out now if you missed them the first time around.
Mark your calendars for the next Craft Social chat. On October 30th at 2pm EST Twitter will be abuzz as Barbara (@penguintrax), Haley (@thezenofmaking), and guest expert Kim Werker (@ Kpwerker) host a chat about how you can set the stage for productivity as a maker AND/OR craft business owner. I’m definitely planning to try popping on for this one.
Palabras inteligentes ganchillo
- How I Designed 10 Monsters without Getting Bored. More smart information about crochet design from @freshstitches. Prima: the patterns for the ten crochet monsters in question are available for free …
- The Shape of Crochet Hooks. Aberrant Crochet shares her frustrations about the inconsistency of size and shape of crochet hook shafts.
- Jo Hamilton Arte. Lindevrouwsweb profiles terrific crochet artist Jo Hamilton.
- Anthropolgy Clutch Crochet. Liz from Donna’s Decembers shares that Deroucheau’s crocheted clutch bags are now available at Anthropologie and that these bags are made by hand in the USA.
- Freeform Crochet. Stitch and Unwind talks about what it is and why to try it.
Hermosa ganchillo Obras
I love the texture of post stitches so I was happy to see this post stitch crochet beanie finished this week by Jenn le gusta Yarn
Joyce28 donated this beautiful take on a rainbow granny blanket to SIBOL
- How to Crochet the Wattle Stitch. @newstitchaday shows us this crochet stitch that creates a tightly textured fabric
- How to Make Your Own Crochet Hooks. Moogly does a roundup of tutorials for the crafty-minded
Nuevos Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Monster Kleenex Box Cover. Usually I’m not one to like tissue box cozies but this one is super cute and the free pattern from Repeat Crafter Me is great for Halloween week.
- Crochet Trick-or-Treat Bag. A free pattern from Petals to Picots for a pumpkin bag to replace the plastic pumpkin kids take around to get candy.
- Crochet Bullion Pumpkin Pattern. One more free Halloween crochet pattern this week – a cute textured pumpkin using a stitch I love. Via Things Bright.
- New Bobble Hexagon Pattern. Suz Place shares a free pattern for a textured motif.
- Votive Candle Holders. Lacy Crochet offers this easy free crochet pattern to add some decorative flair to votive candles.
- Granny Square Pillow Pattern. Vickie Howell shares a new free crochet pattern on JoAnn’s website. I like the pops of color she chose.
- 15 Jerseys de punto y ganchillo, Sudaderas con capucha, y vestidos para los niños, Tweens, y Adolescentes. Lion Brand hizo esta evaluación esta semana, que me hace pensar que estábamos en la misma longitud de onda desde el mismo día que salió mi post se puso en marcha con 15 niños’ vestidos de ganchillo para comprar en línea.
Opiniones de ganchillo y Entrevistas
- Interview with Amy of Crochetville. Marie from Underground Crafter interviews Crochetville co-owner and CGOA president Amy Shelton.
- Suéteres Crocheted personalizados. Crochet Doctor did a really good review of this book by Dora Ohrenstein.
- Conoce al Diseñador: Sarah Zimmerman. A Stitch and Unwind profile.
- Juniper Moon Farm Yarn Tops Lists. This farm, which I mentioned recently in my Fiber CSAs artículo, celebrated their yarn topping the charts on Ravelry recently.
- Congrats to @planetjune who had her amigurumi work featured in a Ralph Lauren store window display. Success for one crafter is success for all of us so let’s celebrate her!
- Roundup of crochet lamps. Me encanta crochet lamps so I was happy to see this small roundup from French blog Deconome, which I found via a CraftGossip link.
- Crochet at the Dentist. Las Teje y Maneje did a roundup of images related to crochet and teeth.
- Midlife in Japan did a lovely post about learning to crochet, exploring the health benefits of crochet and how it might be a good idea to buy my book Crochet Saved My Life. Gracias!!
- Thanks to Jen from the great blog Pursuit of Sassiness for doing a review of Crochet Saved My Life
- Kimberly Montgomery for asking me to do a guest post about the health benefits of crafting
- Tickle the Sun for featuring my guest post called Crafting for Daily Balance.
- AnastaciaKnits for sharing a link to my infographic post on the history of crochet hooks in medicine
- Madwhimsy put together a collection of 70+ links around the web about crochet and included Crochet Concupiscence, decir, “si sucede en el mundo de crochet, probablemente Kathryn ya habrá reportado”.
- Elisabeth Andree shared about being inspired by Marc Jacobs crochet and noted that my designer crochet post on it was an inspiration.
Tómate un descanso increíble de su fin de semana. Feliz lectura!
Lectura adicional ...
- Enlace Amor! Mejores ganchillo blog posts de la semana, incluyendo conexión Crochet Patterns
- Superior 10 Crochet Patterns gratis de la semana (Enlace Amor)
- ¿Dónde está la (Crochet Enlace) Amor?
- 20+ Mejores Nuevos patrones de ganchillo gratis y tutoriales ganchillo (Mediados de semana Enlace Amor)
- I ganchillo del corazón Blogs! Enlace amor de Esta Semana!