Galler Yarns recently contacted a handful of bloggers to see if we’d like to be a part of the blog yarn tour for their Inca Eco Cotton Yarn. Que blog tour has been going on nicely; I’ve loved seeing what everyone else wrote about their experience with the yarn. And now it’s my turn. Here’s an overview of the yarn and my succinct ten word review (my new yarn review signature).
Sobre el hilo
Inca Eco is an organic cotton thick-and-thin yarn that is imported from Peru. The skeins, which are sold wholesale (store locator here), son 640 yardas.
Usé el Color
This yarn comes undyed or in various dyed colors, mostly earthy tones. I used a beautiful dusty blue. The color is consistent throughout the skein. Encantadora.
Lo que hecho a ganchillo
I knew that I wanted to use this organic yarn to make a natural organic vase for my home. I made one, filled it with potpourri, topped it with a feather (until I can get a great fake rose) and added it to a vignette on my fireplace mantle.
My Succinct (casi) 10 Revisión de hilado de la palabra
- Suave (so incredibly soft)
- Boucle (it’s not, but the thick and thin nature of it makes it almost like a boucle in cotton)
- Locales (an odd choice, Lo sé, but Galler Yarns is sold in at least two of my LYS so it feels local)
- Sí (I do recommend it!)
El resto de la gira de Blog
Check out what others made and had to say when it comes to this yarn:
- En el lazo did an interview with Star Galler
- Tejer Purl chica showed some great knit swatching
- FreshStitches has a very thorough review
- Crafty Is Cool made fingerless gloves that highlight how soft this cotton is
- Cute Crochet Chat shows a pretty pink version worked in the round
- Redshirt Knitting shares a knitted washcloth
- CraftSanity made a great cotton bracelet
- Arte Gossip made a shared a crochet cowl pattern
- Crafting a Green World with Julie Finn
- Crazy for Ewe
- Viernes, Marzo 30 – Day 12 – KRW Knitwear Studio
- Sábado, Marzo 31 – Day 13 – About.com with Sarah E. Blanco
- Domingo, Abril 1 – Day 14 – Crafter subterráneo
- Lunes, Abril 2 – Day 15 – Monarch Knitting and Quilts