I’m ready to start resuming my weekly Hooked Together posts. The next blog up on the list is Calleigh’s Clips and Crochet Creations (@CalleighsClips). That’s super timely because this blog has been getting lots of attention the past week or so. Comics Alliance, Daily Mail, and quite a few blogs picked up the story about the cool Batman and Robin costumes that this blogger sells on Etsy and have been spreading the word about her great work. That’s good news for her. And maybe it’ll lead to some views of the other crochet blogs that she links to in her “blogs I follow” column. Let’s take a look at the blogs that she follows.
Tier One Blogs
These blogs are on the blogroll but they’re also already in the big list of blogs I already read. Impresionante.
- CrazySocks Crochet
- Just Be Happy
- Posh Pooch Diseños
- Crochet Geek (who received my 2011 blogger award for best crochet videos)
- The Oxford Family
- Embajador Crochet
Blogs That Have Already Been Hooked Together
These blogs are on the blogroll but they’ve already been linked to because they were on the blogroll in a previous Hooked Together post. Also awesome.
- Smashed Peas and Carrots. A mama’s crafting blog hooked Together by Anastacia Knits.
- The Dainty Daisy. Also hooked together by Anastacia Knits.
New-to-Me Crochet Blogs
Multicraftual Blogs with Crochet Posts
- Craftaholics Anonymous. Seriamente, how have I not seen this adorably comprehensive craft site before? It’s not crochet-heavy but it’s got lots of other great craft information with some crochet in there. @CraftaholicAnon
- Mandipidy. Faith-based blogger @mandipidy shares lots of crafty goodness here. It looks like there was a big push in crochet in her life around March of last year and she’s got some great crochet stuff in the archives as a result.
- Vallie’s Kids. I kept thinking this must be on my lists somewhere because I know I’ve been on the site then I finally realized it’s because I used a crochet pattern from here for one of the 25 bolsos de ganchillo I made for Year of Projects.
- Erin’s Elements. A young mom tries to remain fabulous while being true to her vintage style.
- A Bowl Full of Lemons. A visually appealing blog for those who “clean, decorate, create, organizar, Blog”. @organizedclean
- Hoot Designs. Crafty SAHM @chrissy217 shares her creativity on this cute blog.
- Nice Girl Notes. This blog is the best girly blog I’ve come across lately in terms of personality. I’m adoring it @NiceGirlNotes!
- Hiyaluv. Nicely done blog by @hiyaluv, a professional Etsy-loving mama.
- Dorinda Varga Photography y RM Photography. Giving some props to the newborn props photographers that CalleighsClips works with.
- Hello Good Gravy. Photo-focused blog of many colorful things from a stationery designer.
For the purposes of Hooked Together, a blog is considered out of date if it hasn’t had a post in the past couple of months.
- CreateCrochet. I hadn’t realized until now that this Etsy crochet team blog hasn’t been updated since last May. How sad.
What did I find? One thing I noticed is that a lot of the sites that CalleighsClips follows have a similar visual style to them. Interesante. Guess she knows what she likes! It looks like we already follow a nice chunk of the same people. Although I didn’t find any new crochet-only blogs, I’ll add those mutlicraftual blogs to my reader and I actually may follow a couple of the non-crochet crafty blogs, demasiado.