Από το σύνολο των βελονάκι θέσεις που σχετίζονται διάβασα αυτή την εβδομάδα, Αυτά ήταν αυτοί Νόμιζα ότι δεν πρέπει να χάσετε!
Πριν σκάψουν σε, αν και, just a reminder that sponsorship / advertising opportunities are now available on Crochet Concupiscence.
March is National Crochet Month. Check out the excerpt from the article that Μιλώντας πλέκω did about this:
“The Crochet Guild of America started National Crochet Week in 1999 as a way to celebrate our beloved craft and to let others know about the guild. That year, President Pam Oddi designed a pattern as a gift to every member. It was a filet crochet chart used to make a bookmark that read “I Love Crochet.” Crocheters had fun, and the celebration blossomed. Now it is a whole month long, and we call it National Crochet Month. There’s so much to celebrate!”
Lots of blogs and crochet websites are doing neat things this month to celebrate so it’s a great time to be tuned in to our crochet community!
Smart Δημοσιεύσεις πλέκω
- Living My Crochet Life. Designer @sheryluvsyarn talks in this post about learning to craft for the feeling of crafting and not the satisfaction of publication or other external validation. Το λατρεύω αυτό το!
- Coronation Crochet. @yarnclasses shares thoughts on getting inspired by our grandmas and great-grandmas (and maybe not our moms for some of us).
- Looking Back on Crochet. @ChelseaNorquay looks back at an old granny square vest project and celebrates the joy of those early projects even with their imperfections.
- Interview with Vickie Howell. Jo-Ann interviews this knit and crochet designers for Creativity Made Simple. She’s a smart woman in the craft business so I always love hearing what she has to say!
I also thought I’d mention here that the great crafty @whipup blog has monthly guest editors this year. The March guest editors are @freshstitches and @abbyglassenberg, both of whom are stuffed animal designers (in crochet and sewing respectively). I’m looking forward to their smart posts over there! Τυχαία, I will be a Whip Up guest editor later this year.
Όμορφη πλέκω Κάνει
@jennyhats designed this καπέλο βελονάκι awhile back as a custom order and re-made it recently in these colors
Πώς να πλέκω
- How to Crochet Bobbles in a Knitting Project. Not only is this an interesting tutorial for the bicraftual crocheter but it’s also the first time I’ve linked to something that comes from the blog of the brand new magazine called The Holocene, a new DIY magazine I’m really excited about from @kpwerker, @exprima and @bsandusky.
- How to Crochet the Double Crochet 5 Together Bobble Stitch. With video tutorial from @newstitchaday. I love bobbles, εσείς?
- How to Crochet Basketweave Stitch. A photo-rich free tutorial from @crochettoday for another great textured stitch pattern.
- How to do Barberpole Striping in Crochet. It’s easy with this free crochet tutorial on the @freshstitches, which is a guest post by @jenamberautumn
- How to Find the “Right Side” in Amigurumi. With video instruction from @planetjune
How to Crochet a Large Circle in a Square. A free tutorial from Just Do, showing how to make the crochet circle squares that comprised her popular blanket that I shared in last week’s crochet link love.
Crochet Daffodil Flower Pattern, free from Lucy of Attic 24
Free crochet pattern for baby legwarmers from @WalkerWhimsy, spotted thanks to a post by JD @craftgossip. Love crochet legwarmers for kids? There’s also a new free Jo-Ann pattern by Vickie Howell for toddler sized crochet legwarmers.
@crochetkitten shared the δωρεάν σχέδια βελονάκι for the Alice and White Rabbit appliques that you see on this cute card
Free ebook of crochet purse patterns from @crochetme
Crocodile Stitch Tutorial and Free Crochet Pattern Roundup from @mooglyblog
Ο κ.. Olifant, a cute new μοτίβο βελονάκι for sale from A La Sascha (@a_la_sascha)
Οι άνθρωποι που πλέκω
- Meet the Designer: Drew Emborsky. Stitch and Unwind introduces us to @thecrochetdude and his crochet patterns
- Esther of @SoHappyInRed. A guest post and introduction to the crochet of So Happy in Red’s Blogger over on Made in K-Town. Σημείωση: I was also a guest blogger on this blog recently.
- Elisabeth Andree has moved her blog from its original location to this new spot; sign up to get her updates if you haven’t already since she does some great work in crochet.
Video of the Week
Sneak peek of the May/ June 2013 θέμα της πλέκω Σήμερα:
- How to Make Plarn. A basic photo tutorial from CrochetChrisie.
- How to Make Yarn from Sheets and T-shirts. Tutorial links from @creativejmom
- The Business of Dyeing Spinning Fibers. @HeySweetGeorgia shared a link to a downloadable (free) magazine article about Starting a Business that also talks a little about their business of dyeing spinning fiber. The article was written by @yarnworker.
- New Yarn from Juniper Moon Farm. Their spring yarn is a wool, αιγοκάμηλος, silk blend that looks lovely!
- New Yarn from @lionbrandyarn. They’ve put out a new yarn called Bellini and have three videos to share it – one about the yarn and one each for how to knit and crochet with it since it’s an interesting novelty yarn.
Άλλες Crafty Stuff
- Croshame shared a cool fiber art project at the Denver airport. It included work from the Κυρίες Fancywork Κοινωνία, who I just mentioned recently (but hadn’t known what they were up to). And it also included an area where passers-by could contribute their own art. Awesome.
- How to Sell Crafts and Products Online. A great overview of the pros and cons of the different options put together by @planetjune.
- Evolution (Unravel 2013). @Sarah_Knight of Crafts from the Cwtch shares her evolution as a knitting blogger attend a craft event three years in a row. Interesting to watch her chart this development! @supertinks also did a post about attending this fiber event.
- Big Box Heaven. @futuregirlcraft shared her crafty finds at a big box craft store. The reason this post made me smile is because in most places the big box store is the default go-to place for crafters because of convenience but Alice lives here in San Francisco where it’s much easier to go to a local boutique store, LIGHT, κλπ.. than to trek out of the city toa big box store, so she mentions this as a guilty pleasure.
- Did you know that there’s a crafty competition for TV coming up called The Fiber Factor?
- Congrats to Dora Ohrenstein who has joined the team of the Talking Crochet newsletter as one of the editors. Dora’s new book on Tunisian Crochet was αξιολόγηση this week by @crochetlibfront.
Μερικά Ιδιαίτερα Ευχαριστώ
- Marie of Underground Crafter for doing a post about my work and a little interview with me for National Crochet Month!
- @lionbrandyarn for reviewing Πλέκω έσωσε τη ζωή μου … and also thanks to all of the amazing commenters who shared their own knit/crochet health stories on that post
- @fruitfulfusion shared a link to the Marrakech crochet retreat I wrote about recently; it happens in April if you’re looking for a vacation!
- @KnittedArt_ did a post of seven links from seven days and included my post about organizing your stash; on another day they also linked to my post about crochet artist Yokoo Gibran.
- @frecklesinfog for linking to my post on crochet stash organization
- One of a Kindness for doing a post about Γάντζο για να Heal
Ευτυχισμένο το Σαββατοκύριακο και καλή ανάγνωση! Αν αυτό δεν είναι αρκετό δημιουργική ανάγνωση για σας, τότε μπορείτε επίσης να θελήσετε να ελέγξετε έξω το “τέχνες και εξυπνάδα” link Roundup αγάπη που έχω κάνει πάνω στο προσωπικό του blog μου, Ημερολόγιο ενός Smart Chick.
Επιπλέον Reading ...
- Πλέκω-Rich Εφημερίδα της Inspiration
- Love Link! Τα καλύτερα posts του Blog πλέκω της την εβδομάδα με Δωρεάν Σχηματομορφές πλέκω
- Κορυφή 10 Δωρεάν Σχηματομορφές πλέκω της εβδομάδας (Love Link)
- Πού είναι η (Σύνδεσμος πλέκω) Αγάπη?
- 20+ Best New Δωρεάν Σχηματομορφές πλέκω και Tutorials πλέκω (Mid-Week Love Link)