Εδώ είναι σύνοψη μου όλες τις καλύτερες θέσεις σε όλους τους τομείς της βελονάκι blogging από την προηγούμενη εβδομάδα.
Μαντέψτε τι? I’ve joined the Crochet Today team as a weekly guest blogger on their site. I’m excited about this. You can see my introduction post here and learn some new things about me. Then you can check out my first guest blog, περίπου reading foreign language crochet blogs.
Smart πλέκω τα άρθρα
- The Hobnail Milk-Glass Crochet Trend of the 1950s. Thanks @stitchstory for this interesting slice of crochet history!
- 12/12 σε πλέκω. CrochetMe shared some crochet history across three centuries on this date.
- Tips for Teaching Kids to Crochet. Great article from @freshstitches. In addition to her tips, she’s profiled a young crocheter here. Another smart article from Stacey this week was her article called “what does amigurumi mean?“
- Use a Potato Masher for Felting. Interesting tip from WEBS.
- Πώς μπορώ Σχεδιάστε την Εβδομαδιαία πλέκω Mandala. Wink gives us insight into her process for this award-winning project.
- Eucalan’s Wrapture for Blocking. Petals to Picots shares this new product by Kristin Omdahl.
- Crocheted Granny Squares: 20 to Make. Marie of Underground Crafter reviewed this new book by Val Pierce and is offering a giveaway copy (διορία 12/16/12).
- New Tunisian Crochet Book. Kim Guzman shares her newest title with us.
- Crochet Garlands. Annemarie is working on her second book, due out in 2013, and it’s all about crochet garlands which I think is such a smart topic since so many people seem interested in this type of project.
- Ο Καλύτερος Edge: Περικόπτει πλεκτά, Motifs and Borders. CrochetMe gives an overview of this new book by crochet designer Kristin Omdahl.
- Are eReaders Good for Crochet Patterns? JD @CraftGossip asked her readers about the pros and cons of using eReaders specifically for crochet reading.
Όμορφη πλεκτές Είδη
I’m also loving the παντόφλες βελονάκι made by Pass the Cereal
Cherry Heart made lots of beautiful νιφάδες χιονιού βελονάκι. Click over to check out all of the great photos.
Πώς να πλέκω
- Πώς να κάνει Snowflake πλέκω Ευχετήριες Κάρτες. A new tutorial from Βελονάκι Kitten.
- Πώς να πλέκω ένα κουμπί. Via CrochetMe.
- How to Crochet the Aligned Puff Stitch. A tutorial with video from Νέα Στιτς Ημέρα.
- How to Switch Colors in the Middle of a Row. A video tutorial from Moogly. LoisLeigh Anderson also talked about switching colors in crochet this week.
- Bath Pouf Crochet Pattern. A free pattern from Daisy Cottage Designs for a bath pouf.
- Dressy Towel Topper. This is a super cute free crochet tutorial for a towel topper. Comes from Sew Ritzy Ritzy.
- Thread Crochet Poinsettia. Each year Planet June makes a new poinsettia pattern; this year the free pattern is in thread crochet.
- Houndstooth Scarf and Gloves. A free crochet pattern from Posh Pooch. Very stylish.
- Color Bomb Flower Square Cushion. This is a free crochet tutorial from Color n Cream for a brightly colored cushion.
- A Gift of Metal and Thread. Crochet Dynamite shares some free patterns from crocheting with paper clips to make jewelry.
- Gifts to Make in 1 hour, 1 ημέρα, 1 σαββατοκύριακο. Vickie Howell shares links to 2 of her crochet and 2 knit patterns that can be completed before Christmas.
- Speed of Light Cowl Crochet Pattern. A free quick-t0-make pattern from Speckless.
- 5 Irresistbile Knit and Crochet Projects for the Holidays from the Craft Bloggers. This is a Lion Brand roundup. Καταρχάς, I love that they’re celebrating other bloggers. And second I’m not surprised to see great patterns here from Repeat Crafter Me, Planet June and One Sheepish Girl.
New workshop sneak preview from Robyn Chachula
- The Evolution of a Custom Color. Lorna’s Laces talks to us about dyeing new yarns.
- Yarn Love. Juniper Moon Farm shares the story behind a particularly pretty yarn.
- How to Read Yarn Ball Labels. Video instruction via Stitch and Unwind. This is the first in the series of learning to read crochet patterns.
Yarn company Berroco shares some history
Άλλα Fun Stuff
- Simply Crochet Sneak Peek. Take a look inside this new crochet magazine.
- Twitter for Indie Designers and Makers. Craftsy asks if you should be on Twitter and explains how you should use it if you are.
- Etsy Shop Branding. Handmadeology reviews “5 sections you must have copy written” if you’re an Etsy seller.
- Going to Market with Your Handmade Goods. Crochet Spot looks at five different things to consider.
- Magda Sayeg Interview. Gestalt Journal interviewed this yarnbomb artist about her history of work and what she’s up to now.
Και κάποια ειδική Ευχαριστώ
- Χάρη στην Gwen for sharing my booklet of stories Όταν η γιαγιά δεν είναι βελονάκι Είναι το Κυνήγι Big Game. She said some sweet things about this collection that’s gotten mixed reviews and I really appreciate it!
- Continued thanks to the sponsors of the big Xmas Giveaway happening on the blog right now. Special thanks to Laurinda, Tracy και Birgit for posting this week about the giveaway.
- Parenthood Stories published my article Crafting to Heal from Unexpected PPD, a version of the story about Rachel from Βελονάκι μου έσωσαν τη ζωή
- And check out θέση μου επί 5 magazines that have featured Crochet Saved My Life
Καλή ανάγνωση, ευτυχισμένος Σαββατοκύριακο, καλές διακοπές!