Last month Annette Graf of The Examiner reviewed my book, Πλέκω έσωσε τη ζωή μου. The book has gotten many positive reviews but this one stayed with me. I think it’s because Graf did such a good job of highlighting some of the key reasons that this book is important to me and some of the ways that the book seems to be a success in terms of meeting the goals that I had for it as I wrote it.
Here are 5 ways the book seems to be working as evidenced by Graf’s review:
- The point of sharing my own story was to offer it as inspiration to others. In sharing so much of my own history of depression I did worry that I would come across as self-pitying or just plain pathetic but I aimed to show how any individual can go through a truly difficult life-threatening time and come through on the other side. Graf says, “The author’s story is fascinating and beneficial to others dealing with their struggles with depression and finding ways to cope through the pain.”
- I wanted the book to be relatable and felt others’ personal stories were important to share to make that happen. Graf says, “The personal stories told along with the ways crafting and crochet will help others relate to the people featured in the book.” She adds that it’s great even if you are “just looking for someone else that is willing to share their story about the struggle with illness or mental health issues.”
- Despite the title, you don’t have to be a crocheter to understand the book. I definitely geared it towards people who love to crochet. Ωστόσο, the methods of healing discussed in the book, such as mindfulness, can be achieved with other crafts, πάρα πολύ. Graf says, “Don’t let the word “crochet” in the title deceive you because the book is much more than that. It covers the entire aspect of how to heal by using other methods proven effective in many different conditions.”
- I wanted the book to be easy to understand. It covers a lot of mental health topics and some science but I wanted to make sure that people could easily understand this through the language I chose. Graf confirms when she calls it an “easy-to-read book”.
- The book is designed for people going through many different things. I wanted to encourage people to get themselves into a better space through a commitment to self-care through crafting, regardless of their own specific issues. Graf says that the book is “a great resource for anyone you know that may need some additional help in healing and getting to a better place”.
Get a copy of Crochet Saved My Life for yourself or a loved one today.
Επιπλέον Reading ...
- 40% Off πλέκω έσωσε τη ζωή μου αυτό το Σαββατοκύριακο μόνο
- Αν Hook για να θεραπεύσει παίρνει μεγαλύτερη χρηματοδότηση θα Give Away 5 Αντίγραφα της βελονάκι μου έσωσαν τη ζωή
- Breaking Down ένα πλέκω αποθηκευμένο μήνυμα ζωή μου
- Give Someone the Gift of Hook to Heal Today
- How to Get an Advance Copy of My Upcoming Book