I’ve participated in variations on this conversation before but I think it’s an important one so I’m making it this week’s Friday Open Discussion. The topic is: what do you call yourself?
What I mean is, how do you refer to your crochet work when talking to others? Do you call yourself a crocheter, ένας καλλιτέχνης, an artisan, a fiber artist, a crafter, ένας κατασκευαστής, a creator, a small business owner … or something else?
Why do you choose the terms that you do? Do they differ depending on the audience you’re speaking to? Does using any of the other terms make you feel uncomfortable?
I believe wholeheartedly that the words that we choose have power. So I ask … what do you call yourself? And why?
Επιπλέον Reading ...
- The Power of Dollar Yarn Crochet Rectangles (Crochet is More Than Meets The Eye)
- Loose Ends (Crochet as Metaphor)
- 10 Reasons to Swatch for Crochet Gauge (και 10 Reasons Not To)!
- Παρασκευή Ανοιχτές Συζητήσεις πλέκω: Let’s Talk Yarn
- Should You Be Paid for Your Crochet Knowledge? (Παρασκευή Ανοιχτή Συζήτηση)