Hier ist meine Zusammenfassung von alle der besten Beiträge in allen Bereichen der Häkelnblogging aus der vergangenen Woche.
Ratet mal, was? I’ve joined the Crochet Today team as a weekly guest blogger on their site. I’m excited about this. You can see my introduction post here and learn some new things about me. Then you can check out my first guest blog, über reading foreign language crochet blogs.
- The Hobnail Milk-Glass Crochet Trend of the 1950s. Thanks @stitchstory for this interesting slice of crochet history!
- 12/12 in Crochet. CrochetMe shared some crochet history across three centuries on this date.
- Tips for Teaching Kids to Crochet. Great article from @freshstitches. In addition to her tips, she’s profiled a young crocheter here. Another smart article from Stacey this week was her article called “what does amigurumi mean?“
- Use a Potato Masher for Felting. Interesting tip from WEBS.
- Wie plane ich die Wochen Crochet Mandala. Wink gives us insight into her process for this award-winning project.
- Eucalan’s Wrapture for Blocking. Petals to Picots shares this new product by Kristin Omdahl.
- Crocheted Granny Squares: 20 to Make. Marie of Underground Crafter reviewed this new book by Val Pierce and is offering a giveaway copy (Frist 12/16/12).
- New Tunisian Crochet Book. Kim Guzman shares her newest title with us.
- Crochet Garlands. Annemarie is working on her second book, due out in 2013, and it’s all about crochet garlands which I think is such a smart topic since so many people seem interested in this type of project.
- Die Edge-Finer: Gehäkelte Borten, Motifs and Borders. CrochetMe gives an overview of this new book by crochet designer Kristin Omdahl.
- Are eReaders Good for Crochet Patterns? JD @CraftGossip asked her readers about the pros and cons of using eReaders specifically for crochet reading.
Schöne gehäkelte Artikel
I’m also loving the Häkel-Hausschuhe made by Pass the Cereal
Cherry Heart made lots of beautiful häkeln Schneeflocken. Click over to check out all of the great photos.
- How to Make Snowflake Crochet Greeting Cards. A new tutorial from Crochet Kitten.
- Wie man ein Button häkeln. Via CrochetMe.
- How to Crochet the Aligned Puff Stitch. A tutorial with video from Neue Stich a Day.
- How to Switch Colors in the Middle of a Row. A video tutorial from Moogly. LoisLeigh Anderson also talked about switching colors in crochet this week.
- Bath Pouf Crochet Pattern. A free pattern from Daisy Cottage Designs for a bath pouf.
- Dressy Towel Topper. This is a super cute free crochet tutorial for a towel topper. Comes from Sew Ritzy Ritzy.
- Thread Crochet Poinsettia. Each year Planet June makes a new poinsettia pattern; this year the free pattern is in thread crochet.
- Houndstooth Scarf and Gloves. A free crochet pattern from Posh Pooch. Very stylish.
- Color Bomb Flower Square Cushion. This is a free crochet tutorial from Color n Cream for a brightly colored cushion.
- A Gift of Metal and Thread. Crochet Dynamite shares some free patterns from crocheting with paper clips to make jewelry.
- Gifts to Make in 1 hour, 1 day, 1 Wochenende. Vickie Howell shares links to 2 of her crochet and 2 knit patterns that can be completed before Christmas.
- Speed of Light Cowl Crochet Pattern. A free quick-t0-make pattern from Speckless.
- 5 Irresistbile Knit and Crochet Projects for the Holidays from the Craft Bloggers. This is a Lion Brand roundup. Zunächst, I love that they’re celebrating other bloggers. And second I’m not surprised to see great patterns here from Repeat Crafter Me, Planet June and One Sheepish Girl.
New workshop sneak preview from Robyn Chachula
- The Evolution of a Custom Color. Lorna’s Laces talks to us about dyeing new yarns.
- Yarn Love. Juniper Moon Farm shares the story behind a particularly pretty yarn.
- How to Read Yarn Ball Labels. Video instruction via Stitch and Unwind. This is the first in the series of learning to read crochet patterns.
Yarn company Berroco shares some history
Andere Fun Stuff
- Simply Crochet Sneak Peek. Take a look inside this new crochet magazine.
- Twitter for Indie Designers and Makers. Craftsy asks if you should be on Twitter and explains how you should use it if you are.
- Etsy Shop Branding. Handmadeology reviews “5 sections you must have copy written” if you’re an Etsy seller.
- Going to Market with Your Handmade Goods. Crochet Spot looks at five different things to consider.
- Magda Sayeg Interview. Gestalt Journal interviewed this yarnbomb artist about her history of work and what she’s up to now.
Und einige spezielle Dank
- Dank Gwen for sharing my booklet of stories Wenn Oma nicht Häkeln Sie ist die Großwildjagd. Sie sagte einige süße Dinge über diese Sammlung, die bekommen hat gemischte Kritiken und ich es wirklich schätzen,!
- Continued thanks to the sponsors of the big Xmas Giveaway happening on the blog right now. Special thanks to Laurinda, Tracy und Birgit for posting this week about the giveaway.
- Parenthood Stories veröffentlicht meinen Artikel Handwerk aus Unerwartete PPD Heilen, eine Version der Geschichte über Rachel aus Häkeln rettete mein Leben
- And check out mein Beitrag auf 5 magazines that have featured Crochet Saved My Life
Viel Spaß beim Lesen, happy weekend, schöne Feiertage!