Knitting Daily and Tahki Yarns have come together to create a colorful scarf making challenge. The winner gets $250 in yarn. Und ja, crochet counts.
Some of the details:
- It’s called the COLORPLAY Reader Challenge.
- A pattern has been created (one for knit, one for crochet) by awesome crocheter Kristin Omdahl (Bild oben). Jedoch, you can create your own pattern if you like but you must make a scarf that is at least 6″ x 52″.
- This is a challenge to play with color in your crochet work so you must use at least four different colors of yarn in the item.
- The yarn can be either Cotton Classic or Cotton Classic Lite from Tahki Yarns. There are more than 170 shades to choose from between the two types so you can really choose your colors from a big palette.
- The site is offering a 10% discount off of the yarn that you have to buy for the challenge.
- Once you have finished your scarf, you’ll post a picture of it online and collect votes, which will be used to help decide the winner of the challenge. You can post your images through March 30th at 5 PM EST but the judging closes shortly thereafter and the longer you wait the less time you have to collect those votes.
- The winner gets their choice of 40 skeins of Cotton Classic or Cotton Classic Lite from Tahki Yarns, a $250+ Wert.