Af alle de stillinger, jeg læste i denne uge i hækling blogging verden, disse var dem jeg elskede mest. Tjek dem ud nu, hvis du gik glip af dem første gang rundt.
Mark your calendars for the next Craft Social chat. On October 30th at 2pm EST Twitter will be abuzz as Barbara (@penguintrax), Haley (@thezenofmaking), and guest expert Kim Werker (@kpwerker) host a chat about how you can set the stage for productivity as a maker AND/OR craft business owner. I’m definitely planning to try popping on for this one.
Smart Hæklet Words
- How I Designed 10 Monsters without Getting Bored. More smart information about crochet design from @freshstitches. Bonus: the patterns for the ten crochet monsters in question are available for free …
- The Shape of Crochet Hooks. Aberrant Crochet shares her frustrations about the inconsistency of size and shape of crochet hook shafts.
- Jo Hamilton Art. Lindevrouwsweb profiles terrific crochet artist Jo Hamilton.
- Anthropolgy Clutch Crochet. Liz from Donna’s Decembers shares that Deroucheau’s crocheted clutch bags are now available at Antropologi and that these bags are made by hand in the USA.
- Freeform hækling. Stitch and Unwind talks about what it is and why to try it.
Smukke Hæklet Works
I love the texture of post stitches so I was happy to see this post stitch crochet beanie finished this week by Jenn Likes Garn
Joyce28 donated this beautiful take on a rainbow granny blanket to SIBOL
Hook “How To”
- How to Crochet the Wattle Stitch. @newstitchaday shows us this crochet stitch that creates a tightly textured fabric
- How to Make Your Own Crochet Hooks. Moogly does a roundup of tutorials for the crafty-minded
Nye Hæklet Mønstre
- Crochet Monster Kleenex Box Cover. Usually I’m not one to like tissue box cozies but this one is super cute and the free pattern from Repeat Crafter Me is great for Halloween week.
- Crochet Trick-or-Treat Bag. A free pattern from Petals to Picots for a pumpkin bag to replace the plastic pumpkin kids take around to get candy.
- Crochet Bullion Pumpkin Pattern. One more free Halloween crochet pattern this week – a cute textured pumpkin using a stitch I love. Via Things Bright.
- New Bobble Hexagon Pattern. Suz Place shares a free pattern for a textured motif.
- Votive Candle Holders. Lacy Crochet offers this easy free crochet pattern to add some decorative flair to votive candles.
- Granny Square Pillow Pattern. Vickie Howell shares a new free crochet pattern on JoAnn’s website. I like the pops of color she chose.
- 15 Strikke og hækle Trøjer, Hættetrøjer, og kjoler til børn, Tweens, og Teens. Lion Brand gjorde dette roundup denne uge, hvilket gør mig tror vi var på bølgelængde, da den samme dag det kom ud min post gik live featuring 15 børn’ hæklede kjoler til at købe online.
Crochet Reviews and Interviews
- Interview with Amy of Crochetville. Marie from Underground Crafter interviews Crochetville co-owner and CGOA president Amy Shelton.
- Brugerdefineret hæklede Trøjer. Crochet Doctor did a really good review of this book by Dora ører Stone.
- Mød designeren: Sarah Zimmerman. A Stitch and Unwind profile.
- Juniper Moon Farm Yarn Tops Lists. Denne gård, which I mentioned recently in my Fiber CSAs artiklen, celebrated their yarn topping the charts on Ravelry recently.
- Congrats to @planetjune who had her amigurumi work featured in a Ralph Lauren store window display. Success for one crafter is success for all of us so let’s celebrate her!
- Roundup of crochet lamps. Jeg elsker krog lamper so I was happy to see this small roundup from French blog Deconome, which I found via a CraftGossip link.
- Crochet at the Dentist. Las Teje y Maneje did a roundup of images related to crochet and teeth.
- Midlife i Japan did a lovely post about learning to crochet, exploring the health benefits of crochet and how it might be a good idea to buy my book Crochet Saved My Life. Thanks!!
- Thanks to Jen from the great blog Pursuit of Sassiness for doing a review of Hæklet reddede mit liv
- Kimberly Montgomery for asking me to do a guest post about the health benefits of crafting
- Tickle the Sun for featuring my guest post called Crafting for Daily Balance.
- AnastaciaKnits for at dele et link til min infographic post on the history of crochet hooks in medicine
- MadWhimsy put together a collection of 70+ links around the web about crochet and included Crochet Concupiscence, siger, “hvis det sker i verden af hækling, sandsynligvis Kathryn vil allerede har rapporteret det”.
- Elisabeth Andree shared about being inspired by Marc Jacobs crochet and noted that my designer crochet post on it was an inspiration.
Have a terrific rest of your weekend. God læsning!