Have you ever heard of the Beans for Brains Scholarship Program? 2011 is the second year of this annual scholarship that provides funds to students who crochet and knit. What a unique scholarship opportunity! Important things to know about this crochet scholarship:
- It is a merit-based scholarship.
- It is open to any student enrolled in an accredited institution for the Fall 2011 semester. It is open to undergraduate as well as graduate college students.
- It is open to United States students as well as international students.
- Students will be asked to provide an original pattern or photo of a recent crochet or knitting project as part of the application process.
- There are 6 $3000 scholarships that will be given away, one to each of five different U.S. regions and one to an international student.
- The deadline for applications is April 1st. The funding will be awarded near the beginning of the fall semester.
There are numerous sponsors assisting in making this great program come to life. Some of them that you may recognize are Interweave, Art Yarns and the Plymouth Yarn Company.