Today’s crochet mandalas for the Mandalas for Marinke project come to us from Sarah Watson in Aberdeen, Scotland. There is one large crochet mandala as well as one mini mandala. Note: Mini-mandalas are still being accepted for this project.
“Thinking of you Wink, and your family too. I hope you’ve all found peace now that you are no longer struggling. With love …”
For the depression awareness portion of today’s post, I wanted to make sure that you know about Medium, where there is often high-quality, smart writing in longform about important and interesting topics including issues related to depression.
Some article recommendations:
- Facebook’s Mental Health Problem: The most important thing I learned in 2015? That depression and social media don’t go well together at all. by Kati Krause
- Ten Years On: Going public with my own suicide attempt, issues with depression, and stigma ten years after my first attempt at ending my life. by Jason B.
- What Mental Illness Taught Me. by Jean Powell
- The Mental Health Manifesto: Confessions of a Rice Senior: My run-in with a mental illness and how I think you can prevent one. by Veronica Rae Saron
- A Place: Depression Valley. by Reason & Folly
- Medication, Denial and Me: How can 10 mg change so much? by Trish Tatman
- To the Edge. And Back. by Heather Nann
I don’t necessarily agree with everything in these articles, but I think that they’re thought-provoking and interesting. And although it probably goes without saying, some of them may be triggering so read without caution if you’re in an emotionally precarious place.