I am currently running a crochet health survey to help us all gain more information about the benefits of crafting. I launched it in June and knew that I’d keep it up until at least the end of July. At July’s end there were 9700 responses, which has been amazing, but I want to make sure that everyone who wants to participate in the survey gets the opportunity to do so. I will be keeping the survey live all month. The survey will close on August 31st, 2014. Please keep spreading the word until then and take the survey if you haven’t already!
About the Crochet Health Survey
Several formal studies have been conducted that show crochet to be healing. The new study is designed to add to the available information on this topic. One unique thing about it is that the study focuses specifically on crochet as opposed to lumping it in with other crafts. Another unique feature is that it goes beyond asking the question “does crochet help?” (because we know that it does) and explores how it helps, to what extent and for what symptoms.
Why The Survey Is Important
A survey like this has the potential to lead to a number of benefits including:
- Credibility to get crochet into more settings including hospitals, recovery centers, in-patient therapy groups, prisons and schools
- Information that can be given to doctors and therapists to help them understand how crochet can heal
- Help for individuals who want to learn how crochet can help them heal
- Lays the groundwork for additional research opportunities into the topic
How to Help
- Take the survey
- Share the press release
- Post this article or any of the other survey links to your social media
- Send an email to others suggesting they take the survey!
What Will Happen Next
The survey is going to close on August 31, 2014. At that time, I will begin analyzing all of the results. Please be aware that a full analysis of the results could take several months, as there are many people who have added open-ended commentary. I will be publishing early results and summary updates on the blog throughout the end of the year. When the analysis is complete, I will publish a summary of the research free to the public and will make a full report available for purchase.