Tammy Hildebrand has released another crochet pattern book with Stackpole Books and it’s another hit. The book is called Crochet for Baby All Year: Easy-to-Make Outfits for Every Month. There are twenty four adorable little outfits (one per month for each girls and boys), some of which are highly wearable and others that are more costume-like.
5 Things I Love About This Crochet Book
Here are my favorite things about Tammy’s new crochet pattern book:
- Adorableness. The crochet patterns are cute and it’s hard not to love how they look on the little models in the photographs. If you’ve got some babies in your life (or ones you’d like to donate crochet to) then the adorableness will inspire you to get crafting.
- Complementary, but not matching, girls’ and boys’ crochet patterns. I love what Tammy has done here creating two different outfits for each month. The outfits go with the same theme of the month but one is for boys and the other for girls. Some could be unisex but I really appreciate that she gives us two different patterns for each month instead of just cheating and giving one unisex look. More versatility, more crochet patterns, more fun.
- Tons of info to help you crochet. There are row-by-row text instructions, charts, graphs, diagrams and photographs. This makes it easy to see what the pattern is supposed to look like as you work it.
- Texture! I love how many of these baby crochet patterns use texture. They aren’t complex but they have a great look to them beacuse of the textured stitch choices.
- Matching hats. I really love that almost every single crochet baby pattern in this book also has a matching crochet hat pattern. This is especially great if you’re making baby gifts because there’s more impact when you give a full finished outfit with a hat. Love it.
5 Favorite Crochet Patterns
It’s hard to narrow it down but these are the five crochet patterns I’d single out as my favorites from this book:
Galway Boy Crochet Sweater and Hat Set
Little Ladybug Tank
Baby swim shorts with matching hat and sandals
Dinosaur outfits could be worn as costumes or maybe even pjs
Do you want to see what all of the crochet patterns in this book look like? Check out the online crochet lookbook!
About the Crochet Author
Tammy Hildebrand is a talented crochet designer who works for her own company called Hot Lava Designs. Her designs have been widely published in various places including the books 50 Sensational Crochet Afghans and Throws and Crochet Wraps Every Which Way. Her story is in my book, Crochet Saved My Life. Tammy is also the vice president of the Crochet Guild of America.