Today we are continuing on with the 5th Annual Knit and Crochet Blog Week hosted by Eskimimi Makes.
Today’s Crochet Blog Week Prompt
“Write a dating profile for one of your past finished projects.
This topic is designed to get bloggers exploring different ways in which they can write descriptive posts of finished knitted and crocheted projects. Many bloggers will be used to writing adjective-rich accounts of finished items along with an account of how the item was made, but it can be fun to play with this format. Usually a dating profile would be written in the first person, so you should imagine that you are the cardigan/socks/hat writing the piece. You might think of including some or all of these elements in your dating profile:
- An introduction: where you were knitted/crocheted, how old you are.
- A physical description – keep it fun and intriguing but honest.
- A photograph.
- Your interests: Are you a crocheted sun-hat that enjoys long walks on the beach, a paper cup cosy that loves meeting friends in the local coffee shop or a thermal pair of socks that loves going on skiing holidays?
- Things that you do not like: Do you avoid moments of friction because it brings you out in pills? How do you feel about moths? Are you a little orange cardigan that just simply cannot get on with a fuchsia blouse?
- Your thoughts for the future – do you have any ambitions – where do you think you will be in 1, 5, 10 years time?”
Dating Profile for a Vintage Crochet Blanket
Okay, it’s been awhile since I’ve been on the scene but I’m ready to put myself back out there. I’ve been spending a lot of time lingering on the shelf or hanging out on the back of a basement couch, mostly unseen, untouched, and I have to confess that although I like my solitude it’s starting to get a little bit lonely. So I decided to try to meet some folks like me. Here goes …
I’m a vintage crochet blanket made early in the 19th century out of white cotton thread. I admit that I’m a little yellow around the edges these days but for the most part I’ve been kept in good shape. I have lots of great lovable details about me but you have to have lived a little bit to really appreciate my beauty. I’m not your standard granny square and I don’t fit easily into most boxes.
I’m a little bit fragile and don’t like to do anything too adventurous. No caravan treks or yarn bombing adventures for me. I like long lazy days lingering together on sunny beds. I’m up for the occasional cozy picnic. I go well with a great book and a glass of red wine, as long as you’re careful around me. I try not to be needy but I do appreciate some TLC. I love being cozy. I’m seeking the same. By the time you get to my age, you pretty much know what you like, although I’m open to a little bit of change now and then. I’m classic, but I can be contemporary in the right setting.
Wink or poke or whatever is that the kids are doing on these sites these days and let’s see if we can make a match.