Here’s a recap of all of the things I blogged about crochet in April. Check out the links to anything you missed and be sure to share your favorites so others can see them too.
San Francisco Bay Area Crochet Artist Ramekon O’Arwisters
Crochet Books/ Magazines
2014 Crochet Books to Put On Your Amazon Wishlist Today
Easter Crochet: Peeps (with some crochet patterns)
17 Crochet Projects Successfully Funded on Kickstarter
Sponsored Post: American-Made Products and Giving Back to Veterans
About Me In Crochet
And Some Special Thanks
- To Lupey Loops for linking to my article on mohair yarn pros and cons in her great comprehensive article on working with mohair.
- To Illuminate Crochet for including me in the list of crochet blogs she loves. She says, in part about Crochet Concupiscence, “wow where do I begin? This blog is like the vortex of crochet. It has it all: news, patterns, ideas, art, fashion, everything! Kathryn updates really frequently so there’s always something new going on. She’s really good at bringing together all kinds of crochet related stuff from all over the web, from the obscure to the super popular. Her round-up posts are amazing too and make it easy to find what you’re looking for whatever that may be.” Others on this great list include @futuregirlcraft, @freshstitches, @gocrochet, @repeatcrafterme, @twinkiechan and more so I’m in great company!
- To Sussle for awarding me a new scholarship for my efforts sharing crochet and crafts on their site. I am proud to be their first two-time winner and to be sharing my love of our craft there.
- Thanks to @craftypod for including my vintage crochet category in her Top 5 Bookmarked Posts; she comes “to catch up on the old-school gorgeousness”. Yes!
- Thanks a million to Erica Durante who made a donation to me through this site for my birthday. I bought myself some new yarn so I’ll be sharing new crochet makes in the near future! If you like my site and want to make a donation,details are here.
- Thanks to @WhiteMask_Home for sharing the link to my Arline Fisch crochet wire jellyfish art exhibit photos.
- Thanks to @OOAKindness for crediting my link when sharing the lalylala crochet dolls I spotted previously on Emma Lamb and for for sharing the link to my Happily Hooked magazine feature
- Thanks to Craft Yarn Council for mentioning Crochet Saved My Life in this video about the therapeutic benefits of yarncrafting
- To @YarnBombingLA for accepting my contribution to their Put a Ring On It project
- To @EmmaVarnamUK on Twitter for saying in response to my request to review her upcoming crochet book: “You are an absolute legend – so it is a huge privilege to have you look at it”
- To Phyllis Serbes on Facebook for highlighting this knitting news article and saying, “Oh, Crochet Concupiscence has been sharing the health benefits of crochet and knitting forever”.