I always love hearing sweet stories about crochet. Charity crochet often brings up these stories. Here’s the beginning of one I just read this week in the news about donation to Project Linus.
“When I was a young girl, I was fascinated by one of my mother’s friends.
I used to watch Dale Madansky magically create beautiful blankets and clothing with some needles and yarn. Her skills were remarkable, and her generosity was endless.
She made gifts for everyone (including myself) but the best gift that Madansky gave me was when she taught me how to crochet when I was 9 years old. I’ve crocheted a lot over the years. To me, there is no greater satisfaction than to hand make a blanket or scarf and give it to someone special. Madansky taught me that.
She passed away last year, and one of her final wishes was for her daughters to donate all of her remaining yarn and projects to Project Linus.”
Learn more about Project Linus.
- Supporting American-Made Products and Giving Back to Veterans (and crochet wine cozies)
- Help Trochet Raise Funds: Global Eco Fair Trade Creativity
- Help Chemo Caps Get to Patients and a Mom See Her Kids Graduate
- Project: Donate Knit or Crochet Microbes to Science
- Kickstarter: Crochet Basketball Nets for Neglected Hoops