Here’s a recap of all of the things I blogged about crochet in February. Check out the links to anything you missed and be sure to share your favorites so others can see them too.
New Joana Vasconcelos Crochet Art Exhibit
The Dope Fiends Crochet Cosplay Costumes
Put a Ring On It – Collaborative Yarnbomb Project
There was some great crochet on the runway for the Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week shows from
About Me In Crochet
Each Sunday I shared my week in Instagram Crochet
I offered a heartfelt update on Hook to Heal
The Crochet Hat I Wore to the Speakeasy
Crochet Checkerboard Baby Blanket by My Mom
And Some Special Thanks
I already shared these thanks in my weekly link love posts but I’m very appreciative of all of the support I get and I want to say thanks again.
Thanks to the following awesome blog commenters:
- Jennieleehee for the comment on 20 Stained Glass Crochet Inspirations that begins: “Oh my goodness! My jaw was on the floor the whole way through this article!!!!!”
- Mmatilda who shared a link to a crochet playground in Sweden on my recent post about the one being made forBurning Man.
- Tricia C who touchingly said on my Hook to Heal update: “Bravo for staying true to yourself and your craft. If anyone withdraws their funding, please let me know. I’d be thrilled to support your work and your journey.” This ongoing support from everyone is so valued.
- And blog reader Donna who said, in response to my crochet book project update, “You’ve been an inspiration to me personally, even tho I’ve quietly read your blog and posts daily, looking forward to what you have to share with each new discovery. You touch more lives than you realize with your writing, art, and willingness to be vulnerable. Your ‘funders’ are your supporters and they believe in you. Keep going – the answer is in the question.”
Thanks to the following sites for linking to me:
- @weburbanist for linking to and sharing the crochet playgrounds that I’ve written about including work fromToshiko Horiuchi Macadam, Ernesto Neto, Olek, Numen, Mandy Greer and Orly Genger – all of whom have been featured at various times on this site.
- @petalstopicots for linking to my Hand Exercises for Crocheters as well as to my book, Crochet Saved My Life in a great comprehensive article called 5 Knit and Crochet Health Concerns and What You Can Do
- Knitted Art shared a crochet quote that I’d highlighted on my blog in 2012. The same post was translated and shared on La Maison Bisoux.
- @gocrochet for linking to my review of Crocheting Clothes Kids Love
- Sharon Silverman for quoting my review of Tunisian Crochet Baby Blankets in her roundup of the book’s lovely crochet blog tour.
- Itchy Crochet for linking to my Nathan Vincent post in a post about men who crochet
- Belyn on Crochet Talk for linking to my 15 Beautiful Free Crochet Patterns for Girls’ Dresses
- TheresaH also on CrochetTalk for linking to my roundup of 10 Steamy Hot Free Crochet Swimsuit Patterns
- @GardenChefsNP for linking to my Top 10 Free Crochet Patterns for Barefoot Sandals in showcasing the crochet barefoot sandals she’s making.
And some other thanks:
- Crochet Saved My Life was reviewed by Anne Boling for Readers’ Favorite. It was given a 5 Star review.
- @lionbrandyarn quoted me in their Yarncraft Resolutions article where I said that in 2014 “I want to play more with free-form crochet, try techniques I’ve never done and push my crochet writing in new ways.”
- @okmills for saying of Crochet Concupiscence on Twitter: “Your blog is a cornucopia of craftiness, art and color.” Check out how they’re revitalizing the American knitwear industry.