About this Awesome Crochet Blog Award
Yarn stores and yarn sellers can use their blogs to share a variety of things with customers. Many of them simply share information about their products but a few go above and beyond and really share great additional information about yarncrafting. A lot of those do tend to focus on knitting so it’s important to recognize the ones that are doing a great job also sharing crochet.
Why the Winning Blog Won
WEBS won this crochet blog award because:
- There is consistently crochet information, at least once a week, showing equal support for knit and crochet
- The information is good for beginners but is not so simple that advanced crocheters can’t get something out of it
- The blog shares more than just links to patterns/ products but really provides great tips and ideas
- There is variety in the different types of posts that are on the blog
- There are good photos on the blog although they aren’t the focus of the posts
This Blog Previously Won …
I haven’t previously included WEBS in my annual awards roundup but I’ve been following this blog for years and have always enjoyed it and often linked to it. Each year there are only about 30 blogs that get these awards so I can’t get to everyone and in the first years I really wanted to recognize the smaller, less well-known sites first. WEBS has a wider reach but I’m glad to celebrate the great work of the site this year!
- Roundup of the Winners of the 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Best Reinvention of a Craft Blog
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Best Crochet Newsletter
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Best Annual Crochet Event
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Most Unique How Tos