Do you remember the post that I did a little while back about hot crochet style with glasses? I did that because I think that crochet is a great style choice and glasses can be a terrific fashion accessory. Combined, the two can make a bold fashion statement. Although I usually wear contacts myself, I do sometimes wear glasses and I need to use one or the other to see. I’ve personally been without health insurance of any kind for over a year now (self-employed and can’t afford it!) so I jumped at the opportunity to participate in this sponsored campaign where I could get vision insurance that will allow me to get a much-needed new prescription for contacts and maybe some fashionable new eyeglasses as well.
Fun fact: did you know that eyeglasses are the only fashion item that you can get covered by insurance?
Benefits of Vision Insurance
Whenever I got health insurance in the past I always also signed on for vision and dental because those are actually the two things I usually end up using insurance for the most. Not having had insurance for the past year or so I’ve really been able to see the benefits of when I did have it and I’m excited to be getting it again.
Some of the benefits of vision insurance:
- I need to visit an eye doctor once each year to get my prescription for new contacts. The doctor’s visit is mostly covered by insurance and can be pricey without it.
- Vision insurance significantly helps reduce the cost of contacts and eyeglasses.
- Many people have come to understand that glasses are really part of a fashion choice or style. You want to get glasses that are cute. Sometimes you want more than one pair to go with the variety of different outfits that you may wear. With lenses and frames, that can get expensive so it really helps to have insurance.
More about VSP Direct
VSP is the nation’s only not-for-profit vision care company. They have spent the better part of a decade developing high-quality, affordable individual plans that are now available in every state. There are 30,000 providers across the nation, making VSP the largest doctor network in the industry.
From VSP Direct, insurance benefits can be purchased directly to you, or as a gift to someone else; both options are available for as little as 41 cents a day. Alternatively you can use their a convenient monthly payment plan, which is available in 46 states, through which consumers can pay less than $16 a month (which varies by state). They have the lowest out-of-pocket cost in vision care with a typical annual savings of $227 and they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Glasses and Your Look
VSP individual insurance also gives you access to a large selection of frames from classic styles to trendy (including dozens of top brand names), so you can find one that fits your personality.
Check out the VSP Direct & Nine West “Style with a Vision” Pinterest sweepstakes here.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
- Stunning 2014 Crochet Swimsuits
- Crochet Artwear by Indra Dovydėnaitė
- New Crochet on the Runway from John Rocha (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- New Crochet on the Runway from Rodarte (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- New Crochet on the Runway from Sister by Sibling (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)