A few days ago I introduced you to blog sponsor Em of Nothing but String. In addition to beautiful crochet accessories and wearables, nothingbutstring sells hand-dyed crochet thread and yarn. Today you have a chance to win some of it for yourself.
About the Yarn and Thread
You can learn more about Nothing But String here. What I want to tell you about today is the yarn and thread the store offers. There are three basic options that each come in a variety of different colorways including both variegated colors and solid colors. The three options are:
- 4 ply worsted weight cotton yarn made with 100% USA grown cotton. The yarn is usually sold in a skein of ~176 yards.
- 3 ply linen crochet thread. This is usually sold as a 50g ball, averaging about 328 yards although other sizes are available.
- 3 ply size 10 100% mercerized cotton thread, hand-dyed and sold in two sizes: 150 yards and 300 yards.
Some notes from Nothing but String:
- “I use professional commercially available dyes. All yarn has been treated for colorfastness, but I recommend that this item be washed separately the first time.”
- “All my hand dyed threads are made in small batches of no more than 900 yards in order to control the dyeing process.”
- About the linen yarn: “Linen is a natural fiber made from flax plants. This linen is unwaxed and wet spun. It’s a 3 ply thread and is just slightly thinner than size 10 cotton crochet thread. Any defects or nubs that you find in the thread is part of the natural process of making linen, and adds character to whatever you’re making.”
Some of my Favorite Colorways
I love the color combinations that Nothing but String offers. Here are some of my current favorites in her shop:
Enter to Win Now!
You can enter this giveaway now for a chance to win $16 of yarn/thread from NothingButString. The winner will be able to select any combination they want of linen and cotton thread and yarn in the colors that they choose up to the amount of $16.
Here is how to enter:
- Visit Nothing But String on Etsy. Go to “crochet supplies” to see the available crochet yarn and thread in this shop. Select one color and type that is your favorite. Come back here and leave me a comment telling me which one it is and linking back to the product page. For example, I like the Purple Lavender Spring Green Pink Rose here. (So the direct link is: http://www.etsy.com/listing/124608255/75-yards-hand-dyed-cotton-crochet-thread?ref=shop_home_active) and that’s what you’d put in the comment.)
Once you’ve done that, you can gain additional entry points by doing any or all of the following (one entry each, once you’ve done them leave a comment here sharing what you did and linking to where I can find it).
- Visit Nothing But String on Etsy and give a “heart” to favorite the shop.
- Like Crochet Concupiscence on Facebook and do a Facebook post linking to this giveaway and mentioning @CrochetConcupiscence
- Follow Crochet Concupiscence on Twitter and do a Tweet linking to this giveaway and mentioning @CrochetConcupiscence
- Follow at least one Crochet Concupiscence Pinterest board and pin one of the images in this post on the Pinterest site
- Follow Crochet Concupiscence on G+ and do a Facebook post linking to this giveaway and mentioning @CrochetConcupiscence
Entries will be accepted through Thursday, September 19 midnight PST. The randomly selected winner will be announced on the blog in my link love post on Saturday, September 21st. All entries are welcome.