Last October I told you about the amazing wire crochet jewelry by Italian artist Alessandra Stabili. She has a new collection out that combines her wire work with leather and I’m loving it.
I think what I most love here is the combination of soft and hard in these pieces. The wire is so delicate that it’s soft in a sense against the armor of leather and yet the leather is soft in comparison to the metal of wire so there’s a tension in the work that I think is really powerful! Take a look for some inspiration!
- New Crochet on the Runway from John Rocha (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- New Crochet on the Runway from Rodarte (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- New Crochet on the Runway from Sister by Sibling (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- 2013 in Crochet: Crochet Fashion and Crochet Jewelry
- 10 Beautiful Celebrities Wearing Crochet