Today kicks off the very first day of the 12 days of crochet Christmas fun here on Crochet Concupiscence. I’m excited to get started so let’s dig in!
Today’s Prize: Crochet Hooks
There will be two randomly selected winners in today’s giveaway. Each will win a set of crochet hooks.
Winner #1 gets:
This is a set of twelve matching crochet hooks ranging in size from 3 mm through 10 mm. I believe that they are bamboo crochet hooks.
Winner #2 gets:
This is a set of 11 matching crochet hooks ranging in size from 3 mm to 9 mm. I also think these are bamboo.
And what good are crochet hooks without some yarn, right? So from my own stash I’ll be giving each of these winners one 65 gram ball of Paton’s silk bamboo yarn in the color stone gray.
Thanks to the Sponsor
These gently-used crochet hooks were generously donated by TracyAnn of Crochet Happy. She explains that the goal of this site is to be a “bright, inspired place on the net, just for us: Crocheters, Masters of Hook and String”. It is all crochet, all of the time, including even the ads on the site. Tracy says:
“I started Crochet Happy out of a desire to find everything crocheters want in one central place on the internet. I was frustrated with spending 3 hours online every time I went searching for something … then wrestling with all of the broken links and websites that are no longer active. It was a mess. I decided I had discovered a need in our crochet community and decided to fill it.”
The result is Crochet Happy which aggregates crochet information in one place and includes patterns, crochet hook reviews, blog and site recommendations, informational crochet articles, and various online tools like a stripe generator. You’ll also find articles and links to all types of crochet resources including yarn stuff, designer and artisan info and the other online crochet communities. Crochet Happy was one of the first sites to do this, started before sites like Ravelry and before blogs were common so it was a forerunner and aggregating crochet information into one go-to place and continues to serve as a place with a wealth of information.
Fun fact from Tracy:
“I started crocheting in 1973 when I was 4 years old. It was my mother’s effort to keep me quiet. It worked! I made my first granny square that day and simply never stopped. I have worked, gone to college and raised four kids with two different husbands. Today I stay at home and Crochet Happy is my full-time job.”
How to Enter the Giveaway
Do you want these crochet hooks? You must spread the word about this giveaway. You can do that in one or more of the following ways, worth one entry each:
- Tweet the giveaway. Link to this post and mention @crochethappycom and @CrochetBlogger.
- Share on Pinterest. Pin any of the images in this post (linked back to the post, of course).
- Share on Facebook. Link back to this post.
- Share via G+. Link back to this post.
- Share this post via any social bookmarking site such as Digg or StumbleUpon.
- Follow @crochethappycom on Twitter
- Like CrochetHappy on Facebook.
- Follow Crochet Happy on Pinterest.
- Add TracyAnn to your friends on Ravelry and / or give a favorite to any of her designer there.
- Subscribe to the monthly Crochet Concupiscence newsletter.
- Share a link to the website for Crochet Saved My Life using any social network. 3 entry points.
- Blog about this giveaway on your own blog. You must include at least one link back to Crochet Concupiscence. It can be to this post or the giveaway details. 10 entry points.
- Write a blog post on your own blog telling people about why you would like to win a signed copy of Crochet Saved My Life. Link it to www.crochetsavedmylife.com. 10 entry points.
- Add this giveaway to your sidebar. Use the image at the top of this post (feel free to resize as needed) and link to this post. 20 entry points.
- Add Crochet Concupiscence to the blogroll in your sidebar. 20 entry points.
When you are done with all of your entries, leave me ONE comment on this post sharing all of the links to all of your entries (for example, to the Tweet that you posted and to your Pinterest page).
Try To Get the Most Entries
Don’t forget that the top three people who have the most entries at the end of the 12 days of giveaways will each win a signed copy of Crochet Saved My Life. Get the full giveaway details here.