The New York Times ran a feature this fall about the upcoming summer 2013 fashion designs as featured on the season’s runways. One of the names that came up was Rodarte, a brand known for its handcrafted details including crochet work. There is only a little bit of crochet in that particular collection but the article inspired me to do a roundup of beautiful Rodarte crochet.
The New York Times noted that “a sweater with orange crochet squares linked with metal were in Rodarte’s fine tradition of handwork.”
Rodarte Crochet Tops, 2010
Rodarte’s crochet tops were popular in 2010 but people were shocked when the brand also released crochet socks – selling them for $500 per pair.
Rodarte’s Crochet Shoes for Opening Ceremony are my more style. You?
Taylor Swift in Rodarte Crochet For NYFW in 2011, seen on a runway model below:
- Stunning 2014 Crochet Swimsuits
- Crochet Artwear by Indra Dovydėnaitė
- New Crochet on the Runway from John Rocha (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- New Crochet on the Runway from Rodarte (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- New Crochet on the Runway from Sister by Sibling (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)