This month’s fashion crochet with some names you might recognize:
Edun brand works with a group of African nuns for their crochet pieces. The Spring/Summer 2013 runway show featured crochet tanks and dresses in military green hues.
Vogue explains about Proenza Schouler: “Pattern pieces and decorative circle insets were linked by narrow strips of crochet-work (woven by hand in Madagascar, so finely that they seemed, ironically, machine-made).”
Chris Benz did a Spring 2013 show that incorporated a number of colorful sweaters like this yellow one. Reports say they’re crochet although I’ll be honesting in saying that I can’t see the details well enough to tell if it’s knit or crochet. Either way, I think the play of textures in his collection is interesting.
Ballet dancer Misty Copeland models the new luxury crochet collection by Hariette Cole; stay tuned to the blog because I’ll be sharing more information about this line soon!
Jasper Conran did a really bright, funky, colorful show for London Fashion Week that included a little bit of bold crochet.
Ralph Lauren drew inspiration from Spain for his Spring 2013 collection. It’s tough to tell but reports indicate this red dress is crochet.
Christina Aguilera on the cover of Billboard … is that a white crochet top?
- New Crochet on the Runway from John Rocha (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- New Crochet on the Runway from Rodarte (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- New Crochet on the Runway from Sister by Sibling (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- 2013 in Crochet: Crochet Fashion and Crochet Jewelry
- 10 Beautiful Celebrities Wearing Crochet