Hey folks … I’m offline this weekend because I’m away camping. That means I won’t get a chance to spread the word about this post. If you see something you like here, please share the post with others!
Here are my favorite posts this week from around the crochet blogosphere.
Something I’m Loving
This isn’t crochet specific but it may appeal to all of you creative folks. I’m absolutely loving watching the full length Craft in America videos online via Iowa Public Television. Here’s part one of episode seven, which is on thread art:
Smart Words on Crochet
- Beating Craft Business Overwhelm. Some practical tips and real life ideas about handling the overwhelming parts of a craft business from @planetjune
- Meet the Designer: Allen Williams. I actually didn’t know about this male crochet designer until I saw the post about him over at Stitch and Unwind.
- Adopting Crochet Design to Tiny Bottoms. Crochetology shares the process of adapting a lingerie bottoms design to a crochet idea. Informative. She also shares the crochet underwear she made at the end.
- Interview with a Yarnbomber. @lionbrandyarns shared an interview with yarnbomber Jessie Hemmons who was recently commissioned to decorate The Philadelphia Museum of Art for their exhibit on crafting.
- Bavarian Twist Crochet Book Review. JD @CraftGossip did a review of an Annie’s Attic book, Learn To Do Bavarian Crochet. Bavarian Crochet has been hot lately, one of those old styles of crochet that seems to have gotten new interest.
- Crochet Garden Book Review. Naida over at Crochet Mama’s Blog gives 5 of 5 stars to this new crochet flowers book from Suzann Thompson, author of Crochet Bouquet.
Beautiful Things People are Crocheting
I am in love with this colorful crochet dress design, the first design from @Yarn_Madness
Crochet chair socks from @caseyplusthree; the pattern was recently added to AllFreeCrochet and Casey answers a few questions about them in this post
Crochet Medallion Stash Buster Potholder from @creativejmom … she explains how she did it in her post
Favorite Video of the Week
I adore artist Jo Hamilton who makes amazing crochet portraits so I was thrilled to see this video of one of her works being created stop motion style. Found via @knithacker
Crochet Patterns and Tutorials
- Little Spring Mandala Pattern. This free crochet pattern from Barbara of Made in K-Town just feels light and pretty and wonderful. Did you see the post I did awhile back on amazing crochet mandalas?
- Om Shanti Yoga Mat Bag. This free crochet pattern from @eatpickles has been updated with a fresh look.
- Pink Plarn Purse Pattern. A recycled plastic bag crochet purse design from My Recycled Bags.
- How to Calculate Yarn Length from Weight. Thanks for the guide @freshstitches!
- How to Use a Yarn Swift. Thanks CrochetKitten!
- Crochet Yarn Conundrum. Great article by Doris Chan on yarn substitution and the problems with yarn weight listings.
- Did you see that @crochetlibfront tried to crochet cheese this week? The woman has crocheted bacon in the past so it shouldn’t be a surprise that she’d try something else like this!
- And @oleknyc struck again recently with some crochet-bombed strollers which I saw thanks to @boweryboogie
- Blocking in progress. I liked the post from Spanish blog @CheCrochets that shows the before, during and after of blocking motifs for bunting.
And Some Special Thanks
- To El Blog de Lauri and Bigunki for mentioning the post that I did this week on Spanish Crochet Blogs