Here are my favorite posts this week from around the crochet blogosphere.
The Buffalo Wool Co. is seeking knit and crochet design submissions that use the American bison as inspiration. Accepted contributions will be paid between $100 and $300. (Thanks @CrochetLibFront for the heads up on this one!)
And also, Erika Knight (@KnightKraft) has a new book out called Crochet Workshop and you can peek inside here.
Smart Crafty Words
- Crochet Affirmations. Great things to say to yourself when crochet feels hard instead of fun (from @crochetlibfront)
- Is Custom Work Right for Your Business? Great question and some thoughts from @freshstitches
- So you Want to Close Your Etsy Shop? @handmadeology suggests considering these things first
- Why You Need a Tech Editor. Guess I’m all about the business-y articles this week! This one from @fibersbytracie is for designers.
- Interview with Donna Kay Lacey. Underground Crafter’s interview with an up-and-coming crochet designer who uses the bullion stitch, a stitch I love and one you don’t see so much.
- Urban Edge Book Review. @freshstitches reviewed this book from @Shibaguyz that’s been making the rounds.
Beautiful Things People are Crocheting
Do of Just-Do shared this great crochet star pillow she made
This blanket with crochet applique features was made by ADHD Crochet
Favorite Video of the Week
I’ve been watching some of the vlogs from crocheter TartanLassie5
Crochet Tips and Ideas
- Blocking Acrylic Blends. @beroccodesign shares some tips for blocking when it’s an acrylic yarn instead of a natural yarn
- Crocheting Jewelry Clasps. @crochetspot provides two options for adding a crocheted clasp to a jewelry item. I love this because I make a lot of crochet necklaces and don’t have any wire jewelry skills.
- 4 Ways to Seam Crochet. Need to practice your joining techniques? Here are four options for seaming from @CrochetToday.
Crochet Patterns and Tutorials
- Easy Beaded Crochet Technique. This free crochet tutorial comes from @AboutCrochet and looks like a nice way to get started with wire and bead crochet.
- Crocheted Thread Cross Necklace Tutorial. @thisiscarrie suggests that this free crochet pattern can be used to make gifts for others
- Crochet Wiggles Bunting. This is the Hooks and Yarn blog’s 100th free crochet pattern! Cute – and great for summer outdoor parties.
- Colorful Crochet Hawaiian Flowers. A new @sarah_london crochet pattern found via @craft. Perfect for the new Pinterest board I created this week for colorful crochet!
- 9 Patterns to Crochet in the Round. A Roundup from FaveCrafts
- Crochet Collars. Love this beautiful roundup of crochet collars from @LasTejeYManeje
And Some Special Thanks
- To @CrochetLibFront for publishing my guest post on how crochet is being used in prisons
- To @CrochetToday for highlighting my post on crochet wedding dresses in a crochet wedding post of their own.