Here’s the monthly roundup of everything that this blog covered in April. What type of posts were your favorite?
Most Popular April Blog Posts
The most popular April post was my roundup of 100 unique crochet hats. And another popular one was my roundup of crochet rooms and tents. Xenobia Bailey’s great crochet art was featured in both posts.
Knit and Crochet Blog Week
Annual Knit and Crochet Blog Week was this week. For seven days straight knitters and crocheters each shared their responses to the same blog prompts. I put together a Pinterest board with photos from some of my favorite posts around the web. My posts for Knit and Crochet Blog Week were:
- My Perfect Crochet Day
- If I Were Yarn or a Stitch, This is What I’d Be
- 5 Ideas for Crocheting for the Different Seasons
- My Top 10 Crochet Heroes
- My Crochet Color Choices
- 20 Beautifully Styled Crochet Fashion Photos
Crochet Art and Artists
- Profile of Conceptual Crochet Artist Anu Tuominen
- Profile of Edgy Multifaceted Crochet Artist Ty Tham
- Profile of Health and Nature Crochet Artist Kyle Ethan Fischer
- A look at Helen Rodel who blurs the line between crochet art and fashion
- Patricia Waller goes to a new level of creepiness with her newest crochet art exhibit
- Ernesto Neto’s new crochet art installation reminds me of Horiuchi
- Look back at 1970s crochet designer Frank Lincoln Viner
- Look back at 1970s free form crochet designer Del Feldman
- Something in the Water eco-art project goes to Brazil
And I discovered the beautiful summer and winter crochet fashions of Ambika Boutique.
I expanded on my 365 Ways to Wear Crochet project with some style posts showing different ways to style the same outfit with different crochet accessories (starting with styling for my yellow halter dress).
General Crochet News
- Crochet on the Pinterest Clones
- 10 Smart Ways to Organize Your Crochet Hooks
- Where What Not to Crochet Got it Wrong
I shared my revamped beanbag chair.
And I wrote about my Pinterest crochet boards.
Crochet on Etsy
On Mondays I do themed posts using Etsy’s Treasury tool. April’s themes were:
Happy May everyone!