Of all of the crochet blog posts I read this week, these were the ones I loved the most.
Craftsy is having a Mother’s Day contest. Projects in all craft mediums are encouraged. You upload your project, tag it accordingly and try to get hearts for it. The winner is the person with the most hearts and they get to take a Craftsy class for free.
- From Hobby to Profession: Taking Your Creative Business to the Next Level. From @handmadeology.
- More about Granny Squares over @crochetlibfront.
- Olek Opens Up. Crochet interview with artist Olek at Huffington Post.
- Interview with Susan from Craftsy. Learn about @BeCraftsy presence at trade shows.
- Margaret Hubert Interview. Over at Positively Crochet.
Kristin Omdahl’s new book, Complements Collection, is now on a blog tour with stops happening on blogs all month long. The book has both knit and crochet patterns and the blog stops include pattern shares, interviews, giveaways and more.
Beautiful Things People are Crocheting
@creativejmom is working on a new crochet rag rug made from old sheets
Freeform Crochet Bag by Sara Aires via Knithacker
Favorite Video of the Week
Several blogs this week highlighted the great life-size crochet lions done for The Olympics by crochetdermist Shauna Richardson. It’s been more than a year since I first mentioned this project here on the blog and now it’s done, after eighteen months of work and 36 miles of wool.
Crochet Tips and Ideas
- Increasing Blocks in Filet Crochet. Nice tips from @crochetspot.
Crochet Patterns and Tutorials
- Crochet Platypus Pattern. You can now buy the latest commissioned pattern from @planetjune. It’s super cute.
- Crochet Keychain Pattern. A cute free crochet pattern from Stitch of Love.
- Vail Mountain Wrap Crochet Pattern. Lovely! From The Sunroom.
- Colorful Crochet Tea Cosy Pattern. Love it! From @Memerose.
- How to Decrease in Broomstick Lace. A tutorial from @crochetkitten.
- Rosy Crochet. Lovely new flowers and leaves from Attic 24; pattern in the works.
- Stitch by Stitch I Healed. Not crochet-specific but a great post about healing through creativity. Guest post at @whipup.
And Some Special Thanks
- To Crochetvolution for publishing my article on Fair Trade Crochet
- And Crochet Your Way for mentioning my 5 Inspiring Crochet Techniques I Probably Won’t Try