The big news from me this month was that I’m now available for hire to improve others’ craft blogs with unique blog critiques as well as blog posting services. Thanks to all my regular readers and commenters who make it such a joy for me to post every day. If you missed any of the posts during the month, you can find them in the recap below:
Most Popular March Blog Posts
My most popular post this month was my Pinterest Best Practices post. I thought my opinion on this topic would be controversial but it turned out it wasn’t really.
What I’m hoping will become popular is my new series on 1970′s crochet designers. I’m working on better research to flesh out these new weekly posts!
And my personal favorite post was my visual roundup of 100 Unique Crochet Scarves.
Crochet Art and Artists
I absolutely loved putting together a roundup of Olek art videos. Other art pieces I wrote:
- Profile of Porcelain Crochet Artist Kristen Wicklund
- Profile of Joy Kampia O’Shell of the Hamburger Crochet Dress
- The artistic crochet hats of Genna Miles
- Mother Tree Collaborative Art Project with documentary video
- 20 Entertaining Crochet Stop Motion Videos
- Howie Woo Uses Crochet to Fool Facial Recognition
- News from Crochet Artist Mandy Greer
- TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List
- Dora Ohrenstein’s Custom Crocheted Sweaters review an interview with the author
- Hard Crochet, a terrific snapshot into crochet history
- Margaret Hubert’s Granny Square Book
- Afghan Lovers’ Collection
- I was part of the Inca Eco Cotton Yarn blog tour which included my yarn review
- Bre-Aly Threads colorful crochet thread review
- My ten favorite big box yarns
Friday Open Crochet Discussions
On Fridays I pose a topic and we discuss it in the comments. Here were March’s open crochet discussions (your additional thoughts are still welcome on these posts!):
- Should you be paid for your crochet knowledge?
- What do you call yourself? Are you a crocheter, a maker, an artist?
- Copyright boundaries
- The label “domestic”
- The movement to send crochet vaginas to the government
People Who Crochet
Interesting stories of people who crochet:
- People are crocheting dolls to replace styrofoam around meds going to developing nations
- Refugee women support themselves with crochet
- Erik Hansen crochets for ADHD … and profits
- He Knits, She Crochets, the story of an elderly couple
- Crocheter competes for Mr. North Andover
- Basketball crochets away pre-game jitters
- Le Souk Crochet helps women in war-torn countries
For the designer crochet project I explored crochet in the lines of:
And of course there was the March roundup of celebrity and designer crochet which had some pieces I loved.
And finally I made a fun little tool that allows you to mic and match designer crochet items.
General Crochet News
- Has crafting actually decreased in recent years? Statistics say it’s so!
- Fabulous crochet designer video, oldie but goodie
- What is Bosnian Crochet? Just a basic guide.
- It’s time again for the annual Beans for Brains scholarship.
- Crochet: More Transcendent than LSD
I also shared how I upcycled fishnets to make crochet necklaces.
And I shared the Twitter showdown showing how my Twitter activity compares to five other crochet bloggers.
And finally I shared an update on my Swaddle crochet art project.
Crochet on Etsy
On Mondays I do themed posts using Etsy’s Treasury tool. March’s themes were:
- Crochet for every room in the house
- Colored borders around granny squares
- Celebrate springtime!
- Items to cover the ears
On Fridays I share links to crochet patterns I like that are sold on Etsy. Those were:
Daily Crochet Quotes
There were crochet quotes daily on the blog M-F all month long but some of my favorites were:
Other Regular Features
- 365 Ways to Wear Crochet including my post on How to Wear a Crochet Sweater That’s Too Small
- One Year Ago In Crochet shows changes from what I wrote about then to now in crochet.
- 12 in ’12 Charity Crochet Project. This month it was for Binky Patrol.
- Hooked Together. I explored the crochet loving blogrolls of Crochet Galore and Crochet by Faye
- Surmount the Stash project update
Happy March everyone!