I spent much of this week reading the great posts that everyone was doing for Knit and Crochet Blog Week hosted by Eskimimi Makes! I enjoyed it so much that I created a Pinterest board just for sharing the best photos from these posts. In addition to those posts, I read lots of other crochet blog posts this week. My favorites were …
Did you see the preview yet for the VogueKnitting Crochet Special Collector’s Issue 2012 Fashion Preview? Beautiful color schemes, beautiful clothes, beautiful crochet. There have been lots of posts about this but one to highlight is by @crochetbyfaye who talks about her own work in the issue as well as why she’s so enthusiastic about it.
Smart Words on Crochet
- 6 Questions with Jennifer Hansen. @becraftsy interview with the glorious @stitchdiva
- Crochet Copyright 101. Smart basics from @crochetme.
- A Little bit of History and Some Crochet Mythbusting. Part of the new Crochet Corner from Dora O at Jimmy Beans Wool
- Classic Crochet: Granny Squares. Thoughts on grannies from @crochetlibfront
- Totally Simple Crochet Book Review. @CraftGossip did a nice review of this 2011 crochet book.
- Crocheted Baby Clothes Book Review. Enthusiastic Crochetoholic (@JanCarruthers2) shared this Nicki Trench crochet book.
Beautiful Things People are Crocheting
Rainbow Granny Beanie with Ears from @foxslane
Crochet Collage Art. Do click through to Creative Carmelina to see closeups, details and more info!
Favorite Video of the Week
You probably already saw this cute doily shoes tutorial since it’s been making its way all over the web (I found it via CRAFT) but in case you missed it …
Crochet Tips and Ideas
- How to Make an Upcycled Vintage Lace Tote. This isn’t strictly crochet but it could be and is a cute upcycling idea.
- 10 Tips for Washing your Handmade Items. Great tips from @lionbrandyarns!
- Make Letters out of Granny Squares. Cute idea. It comes from AlliCrafts who shared how to make a letter E but I found it via Tangled Happy.
Crochet Patterns and Tutorials
- Amigurumi Invisible Decrease Video Tutorial. Thanks @planetjune!
- New Crochet Wristwarmers Pattern. Easy free pretty pattern from @cutecrochet.
- Fabric Crochet Necklace with Wire Wrapped Pendants. Cute idea from @aboutcrochet
- 5 Tips to Get Noticed in your Creative Endeavor. Smart ideas from @handmadeology
- Anu Tuominen’s Crochet Potholder Exhibit. I’m so excited to have learned about this from Things Bright. I’m planning to research more about this artist to share with you next week.
And Some Special Thanks
- To Underground Crafter for mentioning my roundup of 20 crochet fashion photos as part of Knit and Crochet Blog Week.