This week’s crochet link love:
Hot Words About Cool Crochet
- On Fame and Celebrity. A smart post from @sisterdiane on the different types of celebrity in the Internet craft world.
- 3 Ways to Craft Doilies. Three fun ideas from @elsiecake for using doilies in your home decorating. A related post is How to Make a Lace Lampshade from Crafty Crafty.
Crochet Reviews and Interviews
- 500 Felt Objects book review. This book looks great! Review from @betzwhite
- Delia Creates Interview. Aesthetic Nest is doing a series called Head-Over-Heels Crochet and this installment is an interview in which we learn about a crocheter’s history with crochet and what inspires her now.
Beautiful Things People are Crocheting
Inspirational Garland from Creative Carmelina
Helpful Crochet Tips
- Make Your Own Crochet Socks. The basics are in this short article over at Crochet Me.
- How to Sew on Care Labels. Nice article from @KnitPicks that’s very helpful to people who give away or sell their crochet items.
Great Crochet Patterns and Tutorials
- Crocheted Ribbed Button Up Cowl For Men and Women. Simple free crochet pattern from @creativejmom.
- Butterfly Net Wristers. Cute free crochet pattern for fingerless gloves from @CrochetSpot.
- Gerry Flower pattern. A lovely crochet flower pattern from Elisabeth Andree.
- How to Invisibly Seam Granny Squares. Nice tutorial from @lionbrandyarns. Another idea is to join granny squares as you go, which was a tip posted this week over at @websyarnstore
Crochet Yarn Stuff
- Worsted Weight Yarn Comparison. I found this post by @planetjune really informative; she shares the differences between various worsted weight yarns.
- Yarn Pictures from Spinrite Factory. A photo tour with @VickieHowell