Here are this week’s links to what I thought were the best crochet blog posts of the week.
Did you know that the CGOA 2012 Design Competition is now open? There are seven judging categories for designs (all of which must be entirely or mostly crochet): Fanciful Fashion, (Just) Fashion, Accessories, Small Wonders, Afghans, Thread Crochet, Artistic Expressions. Get designing and enter before the June deadline.
Smart Words About Crochet
- Harnessing the Power of Emotion for the Creative Business. Nice short @handmadeology post.
- Learning to Read Crochet Symbols the Duplet Way. This guide from @crochetology shares how to read specific crochet symbols that are found in Duplet but also in other sources.
- 101 Crochet Stitch Patterns and Edgings. A book review from JD over @CraftGossip
- New Crochet Podcast. @freshstitches is filling the niche that Getting Loopy left when it ended. The first one is a great start!
Beautiful Things People are Crocheting
I’m in love with this doily lamp. It’s from Swedish blog Calinas but I found it this week from Pinterest and traced it back to Apartment Therapy (@apttherapy) before finding the source.
I’m adoring creJJtion’s bright coasters and the basket they go in. She does share the crochet pattern.
I rarely like crochet cozies for things like toilet paper and tissues but I am making an exception in this case! Beautiful work from @karinaandehaak!
Great Crochet Interviews
- Meet Vickie Howell. 11 fun facts plus a free crochet pattern over on Stitch and Unwind, the new AllFreeCrafts blog.
Helpful Crochet Tips
- 5 Tips for Crafting Outside in the Spring and Summer. Thanks @lionbrandyarns
Great Crochet Patterns and Tutorials
- One Bad Egg. This is an adorable free amigurumi pattern for six eggs in a carton, one of which is cracked open. Via @craftycrafty, pattern by @BitterSweet_ and special thanks to @knithacker because I suggested this through their submit a hack option and they included in on their site
- Simple Chair Seat Cover. Quickly work up seat covers for your dining room chairs using this pattern from @eatpickles
- Spring Cardigan Makeover with Crochet Buttons. Cute idea with the how-to included from @sheepishknit
- Crochet Toys for Beginners. A nice roundup from @whipup of some easy patterns for people just getting starting crocheting toys.
- Basic Broomstick Lace. A pattern for getting started with this niche of crochet. Nice work @crochetkitten! Once you master that, there’s also a great pattern @webs this week for a Broomstick Lace Cuff.
- How to Crochet Butterfly Stitch. Nice and easy guide from @crochetspot.
- Bobbly Coin Purse Pattern. I have a weird affection for crochet coin purses and this one, now a pattern, from A La Sascha is too cute.
- Working with Cotton Yarns. A great timely spring post from @knitpicks
Other Fun Crochet Blog Posts
- The Original Crochet Me Logo. Kim Werker (@kpwerker) shared these fun mock-ups from the past.
- The New Crochet Insider. Dora Ohrenstein of Custom Crocheted Sweaters has changed the format of Crochet Insider to a sleeker version. This update shares more about that.
- Voodoo Maggie’s Incredible Amigurumi. Fun review and pattern book giveaway (enter before April 3rd!) from Marie at Underground Crafter.
And Some Special Thanks This Week
- Thanks to @SociableBlog for mentioning my Pinterest opinion article in their post 10 Types of Controversial Pinterest Pins to Avoid.
- Thanks to @jaybirddesigns for sharing a cheeky crochet quote from my blog that I’d forgotten about!
- Thanks to Galler Yarns for their lovely profile of my stop on the Inca Eco Yarn blog tour.