This week’s Hooked Together post is sponsored by Sara at Mom with a Hook. She’s got a cool new project to check out: Hooking for Cash: 10 Ways to Make Money with Your Crochet Blog. It is a short report of 10 articles featuring various methods of earning money from your crochet blog. Follow that link to learn more and sign up for her newsletter.
This week on the blogroll exploration list we’re up to Crochet by Faye. This is the blog of crochet pattern designer Robyn Chachula. I gave this blogger my December Awesome Crocheter Award for having the best blog tour because I loved the tour she did online for her Crochet Stitches VISUAL Encyclopedia. I also mentioned recently that her upcoming new afghans book is one of the Top 2012 Crochet Books I’m Looking Forward To. Her blog not only shares her own books and designs but lets us know what else she’s up to, reviews other crochet books, etc. Robyn is @crochetbyfaye on Twitter and has a Ravelry group.
I am excited to explore what’s in Robyn’s blogroll if for no other reason than that she has named it “designers who inspire”. Let’s check it out.
Tier One Blogs
These blogs on the blogroll were already on my original big list of crochet blogs I read.
- The Crochet Dude. @thecrochetdude always has cool things going on. Right now I’m eyeing his Bermuda Crochet Cruise.
- Designing Vashti. I always love seeing what @vashtirama is up to.
- Go Crochet. Designer Ellen Gormley’s great crochet blog. @gocrochet
- Mots Et Mailles. Robyn links to the original blog that leads to Annette Petavy, a great bilingual blog.
- NexStitch’s Tales of a Technohooker. Always love seeing what @nexstitch is up to.
- Styled By Kristin. The lovely blog of designer @KristinOmdahl of Seamless Crochet.
- Yarn Harlot. I adore Stephanie Pearl-McPhee’s hilarious knitting books. @yarnharlot
Blogs That Have Already Been Hooked Together
These blogs are on the blogroll but they’ve already been linked to because they were on the blogroll in a previous Hooked Together post. Cool.
- Diary of a Crafty Chica. Hooked Together by Art, Like Bread. @craftychica @artlikebread
- Modeknit. Hooked Together by Abby’s Yarns, About.com Crochet and Annette Petavy. @modeknit
- Kristen Tendyke. Hooked Together by About.com. @KristenTenDyke @aboutcrochet
- Berroco Design Studio. Hooked Together by About.com. @berrocodesign
- Posie Gets Cozy. Hooked Together by Aesthetic Nest, Bunny Mummy and Carrie Wolf.
New-to-Me Crochet Blogs
- Knotty Generation. I’m a little embarrassed to say that somehow I had overlooked the actual blog of the crochet designer for whom the Pam’s Comfort Cables Afghan was created. It’s on my list now.
Multicraftual Blogs with Crochet Posts
- Betz White. A green crafter and designer doing very cool things with fabric and offering a bit of crochet in the archives. @betzwhite
- Stefanie Japel Knits. This knitwear designer has been blogging since 2007. @stefaniejapel regularly reviews crochet design books.
- Indigirl. Knit and crochet designer Amy Swenson shares her world in this cute blog. @indigirl
- Stitch Diva Studios. Modern knit and crochet design blog. @stitchdiva
- SweaterBabe. Knit and crochet sweater design blog.
- Vickie Howell. I was shocked to find that this blog wasn’t actually on my original list since I’ve been following the knit/ crochet/ yarn news on it for quite some time. @vickiehowell
- YarnThing Podcast. The link on Robyn’s site isn’t going anywhere but I’m thinking she meant it to go here, a podcast I do listen to from time to time.
Out of Date Blogs
For the purposes of Hooked Together, a blog is considered out of date if it hasn’t had a post in more than a couple of months.
- Needles on Fire
- SkaMama’s Bone Hook
- Such Sweet Hands
- Veronik Avery
What did I find? I was not surprised to find that we’re following a lot of the same folks or that several of the folks Robyn follows have been Hooked Together because she has a nice succinct blogroll of the best of the best in crochet/ knit design. I was happy to find a few I wasn’t already following, though, to add to my list!