Links to all of my favorite crochet blog posts from around the web this week. Which are your favorites?
Juniper Moon Farm is launching a new magazine called By Hand. They say: “By Hand is a lifestyle magazine for people who make, with departments for cooking, crafting, DIY, gardening, and do-gooding. Each issue will feature photo-intensive tutorials and recipes from pros and profiles of people who make their living with their hands.” It sounds like there will be opportunities for crochet designers with this place in the future if the magazine becomes a reality. They’ve got a Kickstarter campaign going to raise the funds to get the magazine launched. Visit here if you’re interested in learning more and donating $1 or more.
Smart Words About Crochet
- The Secret of My Success. @PlanetJune now earns more through crochet design than she did at her day job. She shares how.
- Adding to the Crochet Glossary. @aboutcrochet has a crochet glossary and would love your suggestions on additional terms that should be added.
- 100+ Craft Tutorials To Kick off National Crochet Month. And yes, many are crochet. Nice job FaveCrafts.
- Fiber Artist’s Snow Day. A poem/ song to the tune of “Let it Snow”.
- Beyond the Square Crochet Motif Book Review. Nice review @crochetcabana of the book by @edieeckman
- Teach Yourself Visually Hand Dyeing. @freshstitches did this review for folks interested in dyeing their own yarn
Crochet Patterns And Stuff People Are Making
Lemon de Sucrette made this adorable colorful crochet turtle. Visit the link for close-up photos and keep an eye out on her blog for a pattern soon.
Helpful Tips and Tutorials
- Crochet Scrunchie Tutorial. Easy and useful! From Stitch of Love.
- Yarn Storming Update. Juniper Moon Farms has a cool project called Yarn Storming that collects yarn from readers and redistributes to places that need it such as charity craft organizations. Read about it – and donate some yarn if you have stuff you know you’re never going to use. It’ll help you Surmount Your Stash for a good cause.
Other Fun Crochet Blog Posts
- Plant-along Roundup. @planetjune shared photos of the work that other people have done making her cool crochet succulents and other plants. smiles.
- National Craft Month at Fave Crafts. They’ve got a busy schedule over there for the month with various features on all types of crafts. Check it out to see what days you want to follow along.
- Granny for a Stool. @foxslane made a great granny square cover for a found footstool. It reminds me of the cool work being done by wood & wool stool.
And Some Special Thanks This Week
- Thanks @anastaciaknits for linking to the interview I did with MissyBDesigns
- Thanks @momwithahook for including me in the IntNatCroMo tour on her blog. She’ll be visiting lots of cool bloggers throughout the month. See the whole list here.
- And I’ve got an article over @handmadeology: Interview of the Awesome nerd JERK
- And I’ve got an article over @sfindiefashion with top tips for wearing crochet