Whew … February was another busy month here on this crochet blog. Did you see that this blog was chosen as a runner-up for best craft blog in Inside Crochet? And that I launched a new monthly newsletter? Thanks to all my regular readers and commenters who make it such a joy for me to post every day. If you missed any of the posts during the month, you can find them in the recap below:
Most Popular February Blog Posts
My most popular post in February was my overview of crochet in the Dolce and Gabbana designer clothing line. People were especially intrigued by their granny square crochet handbag that looks very DIY but is priced at nearly $3000.
My favorite post was actually one that got a bit over looked: Oscar Nominated Crochet. I picked a few crochet items related to each of the best film nominations for the 2012 Oscars. I thought it was fun.
Crochet Art and Artists
- Design and Sculpture Artist Anna Krystyna Casey
- Yarnbombing Group Art by Ladies Fancywork Society
- Odia Reimer Expresses Tragedy Through Crochet Art
- Urban Doily Art be NeSpoon: Jewelry of the Public Space
- 10 Amazing Mandala Crochet Creations
- Crochet Book Review: Kids Crochet by Kelli Ronci. Thanks to Kelli for dropping by and leaving a comment on the review!
- Creative Crochet! A Vintage Resource on Freeform Crochet
- Crocheter’s Historical Pattern Book Series Overview
- Betty Hechtman Crochet Mystery Books
- Crochet in Hankie Couture
- 10 Word Yarn Review: Moda Dea Ticker Tape
- 10 Word Yarn Review: Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sport
- 10 Word Yarn Review: Patons Voodoo
- A Vintage Yarn Similar to Hosiery Yarn
- You’re Probably Not Allergic: Micron Counts and Other Wool Facts
- Yarns of Italy Eye Candy. YUM!
- Crochet Handy: Interweave’s New Yarn App
- Felting: Crochet vs. Knit
Friday Open Crochet Discussions
On Fridays I pose a topic and we discuss it in the comments. Here were February’s open crochet discussions (your additional thoughts are still welcome on these posts!):
People Who Crochet
Interesting stories of people who crochet:
- 82 Year Old Guy Crochets Every Time He Sits Down
- Nearly Blind Woman Sees Crochet Go to Good Cause
- Folsom State Prisoners Donate Crochet to Women’s Shelters
- Another Undocumented Student Crocheting to Pay for College
- Women In India Earn Money Crocheting for Designers
In addition to the main Dolce and Gabbana post, I did two other posts about them, first asking what people would charge if they made the expensive crochet bag themselves and sold it and then doing a roundup of other D&G crochet bags.
The other crochet fashion posts from February were:
- Designer Crochet Project: Elsa Schiaparelli
- Designer Crochet Project: Dries Van Noten
- TOMS Crochet Shoes Are Back – in Silver!
- Crochet on the Runway: Picard vs. YSL
- Celebrity Sweaters in Crochet
- I Thought I’d Seen That Kim Kardashian Crochet Dress Before!
- February roundup of designer and celebrity crochet
General Crochet News
- 5 Must-Have Crochet Items for Campers
- Crochet Layette Worn By 38 Babies Across Six Decades in One Family
- UK Yarnbombing Retreat
I explored the crochet-loving blogrolls of:
I shared how to upcycle old fishnets into sexy armwarmers with crochet. I also shared:
- Newest Crochet Dress
- A New Crochet Doggie Sweater for Betty
- Colorful Crochet Ring
- My Other Recent Crochet … And a little more!
Crochet on Etsy
I did an interview with Etsy crochet designer MissyBDesigns who was also kind enough to do a giveaway on my blog.
On Mondays I do themed posts using Etsy’s Treasury tool. February”s themes were:
- Blue and Grey in Crochet
- Puff Stitch Celebrated
- Risque, Quirky and Off-the-Wall Valentine’s Crochet
- Crochet + Words
Daily Crochet Quotes
There were crochet quotes daily on the blog M-F all month long but some of my favorites were:
- He learned to crochet … from an article about Stitch Stud Charles Voth
- Our Babies … because that’s what crochet items we’ve made can be sometimes
- What is Art? … and why does it include crochet?
Other Regular Features
- 365 Ways to Wear Crochet
- One Year Ago In Crochet
- 12 in ’12 Charity Crochet Project. I shared my February Plans and then later February’s Donation.
- Daily crochet job / volunteer crochet links. Note: February was hectic for me so I didn’t quite get these up on a daily basis but I did try to get a few up each week.
- Weekly calls for crochet submissions.
Happy March everyone!