Of all of the crochet blog posts that I read this week, these are the ones that I adored the most. Enjoy!
Did you see that @vickiehowell has a new column in Interweave Crochet magazine?
Some Pinterest Thoughts
This week I shared my thoughts on Pinterest. Here were a few other posts this week on that topic to add to your knowledge base in forming your own opinion on the topic:
- To Pin or Not to Pin? by Laurie of @crochetlibfront
- The Perils of Pinterest by @crafttestdummy
- Some Serious Talk About Pinterest by Elisabeth Andree
- How Brands are Using Promotions to Market on Pinterest by @mashable
Other Smart Words About Crochet
- Discover Bosnian Crochet. Thanks @tonilrex from @crochetme for introducing me to this technique that I didn’t actually know by any name
- Commission a Planet June Pattern. Crochet designer June Gilbank has launched a cool new option where you can help contribute to her commissioned design ideas in a Kickstarter like fashion. Everyone who wants to contributes a little bit to bring a design into reality.
- Blocking (Killing) Acrylic. Heat blocking info from @crochetspot.
- Krochet Kids. You’ve probably heard of this non-profit crochet organization (with jobs and internships that I sometimes post) but I just had to say that I like that Things Bright summed up that it’s important in part because it is “white males helping African females through empowering them with skills and plans to be able to be self-supporting.” With a traditionally feminine craft.
Beautiful Things People are Crocheting
Check out the truly lovely sentiments in the original post about these receiving blankets (plus more photos) enhanced with crochet by @purlbee
I love the creative twist that @creativejmom put on the crocodile stitch to create an eagle. Learn about it from her post.
Check out this beautiful floral motif crochet rug from The Flower Bed.
Helpful Tips and Tutorials
- Crochet Chain Necklaces. @stacyc55 has some smart tips for creating various necklaces from crochet chains
- How to Tie a Knot in Amigurumi. @freshstitches always has awesome Tuesday tips.
- Doily Covered Lamp Shade Project. I adore how @elsiecake shares the idea of stitching together doilies to make an old lamp fresh and new.
- How to Seam your Crochet Work. Always important refresher information. This one’s from @aestheticnest
Great Crochet Patterns
- Vintage Crochet Pattern Reveals. Things Bright is selling vintage crochet patterns from Annie’s old newsletters and I enjoyed this post showing some of those old patterns. I love old pattern photos for their retro adorableness even though I almost never use vintage patterns myself.
- New Thin Organic Cotton. Pickles has new cotton in more colors than they did last year. I love the natural earthy colors, especially the various shades of blue.
Other Fun Crochet Blog Posts
- Bette Davis Crocheting. @sheepishknit does a “blush list” of shares every weekend and last weekend she included a fabulous clip showing Bette Davis crocheting.
- 5 Podcasts for De-stressing Your Knit and Crochet Experience. Nice audio links from @lionbrandyarns
And Some Special Thanks This Week
- @creationsbycris for posting such a sweet fun video showing her opening the Peace, Love, Yarn bumper magnet that she won on from my site.
- And @handmadeology featured part one of my four part series on offline marketing for online businesses.