If you’re following along on the blog list, you’ll see I’ve skipped over a few. That’s something that I had to do last week as well, sometimes because a blog doesn’t have a blogroll and sometimes because it’s now an out of date blog. I put together the big list of blogs I read about a year ago so some have fallen by the wayside since then. It happens. In addition to the other things I like about Hooked Together, I like that this project helps me keep my blog list updated.
Anyhow, now we’re on to CraftyMinx: Tales of a Promiscuous Crafter. I love the cheeky name. I also love the way that this blog’s full design shows off her crafty style from her logo to the icons for connecting on sites like Twitter, Facebook and even YouTube. True to her blog name, CraftyMinx uses this blog to show off her love of a diverse range of different crafts as well as sharing general life posts with lots of photos. I’d say she writes about crochet slightly more than knitting but covers both of them along with sewing, embroidery and more.
Let’s see what she’s got on her blogroll. It’s divided into two sections: everyday reads and local love (awesome to give some local love!) but I’ll be mingling them together here.
Tier One Blogs
She’s not following any already on my list so that means I get to find all new things!
Blogs That Have Already Been Hooked Together
These blogs are on the blogroll but they’ve already been linked to because they were on the blogroll in a previous Hooked Together post. Cool.
- Creature Comforts. Very pretty non-crochet inspiration blog Hooked Together by Aesthetic Nest. @creaturecomfort
- The Pioneer Woman. This blogger (self described as “I’m a desperate housewife.
I live in the country. I channel Lucille Ball, Vivien Leigh, and Ethel Merman) was also Hooked Together by Aesthetic Nest. @thepioneerwoman
New-to-Me Crochet Blogs
None this time around that were just crochet. That’s okay. Lots of crochet in the multi-craft blogs on this one.
Multicraftual Blogs with Crochet Posts
- A Beautiful Mess. Excited to have find this also-multicraftual truly beautiful blog that features some crochet (with an obvious adoration for @twinkiechan) and lots of fashion, style and other goodies. @elsiecake
- Smile and Wave. Subtitled “vintage, home decor and big messes” this is an inspiration blog filled with photos. The crochet is mostly vintage finds and giveaway items. @RachelDenbow
- Deluxe. This is a blog for an OK Indie Craft Bazaar that CraftyMinx is a part of. Looks like fun! @DeluxeOK
- Early Bird Stitches. Mostly an embroidery blog with pops of crochet and other crafts. This blogger only recently started crocheting so I expect to be seeing more of it on the blog! @ebscrafts
- Found It Made It. At the beginning of last year this blogger mentioned she doesn’t crochet much anymore so most of the crochet is in the archives but what’s there is lovely. (For example, she wrote about Crystal Gregory, a crochet artist I’ve profiled here on this blog.) Worth a look. @founditmadeitOK
- Red Dirt Revival. There’s only a little crochet in this sweet blog about motherhood, vintage stuff and other goodies. @RedDirtRevival
- Sweetheartville. A self-proclaimed “maker of messes” celebrates the women of the past with vintage finds. Crochet makes an appearance now and then.
- Door Sixteen. A book cover designer’s blog about work, house projects and other things. Very cute. @doorsixteen
- Thompson Family Life. Another beautiful multi-craft blog with an emphasis on kids’ crafts and family life. @kitschydigitals
- Bifftastica. Recycling / upcycling crafty blog with a lot of great outfit posts.
- Fried Okra. Terrific photos of handmade stuff with emphasis on handbag design. @Adrian_Mix
- Jem Jam. Sewing, quilting, baking and more domestic craft love. @Jem_Jam
- Jeremy and Kathleen. A freelance creativity, design and life at home blog rich with beautiful photos. @andkathleen
- Pippin and Pearl. This blog was having server problems the few times I checked in on it. Normally this is where I write about “out of date” blogs but CraftMinx seems really on top of her blogroll so I’m guessing it was just a quirky computer problem. Since all of the other blogs on the list were worth checking out I’d say this is one worth coming back to for a look. @pippinpearl
What did I find? CraftyMinx naturally reads lots of super pretty blogs. Love their aesthetic design. In fact I have to confess that I followed the Pinterest links for almost all of these bloggers.