Today’s crochet quote comes from Kelli Ronci’s Kids Crochet: Projects for Kids of All Ages. It’s written in language digestible for kids but I thought it was a fun quote anyway since it touches on the growing popularity of crochet amongst youngsters.
“Over the years, crochet has gone in and out of style, but nowadays it’s so popular that many people are forming crochet clubs – there’s even a national crochet club that hosts a race to see who can crochet the fastest”.
If you’re interested in stories about young people crocheting then check out these goodies from the archives:
- 11 Year Old Crocheter Donates 50 Hours to Community Service
- 12 Year Olds Crochet Blankets for Newborns in Need
- 2 Schools Get Awards for Crocheting for Charity
- Middle School Girls Get Grants to Crochet Coral Reefs
- Volunteers Age 7 -94 Crochet Blankets for Foster Kids
- Teenage Boys are Crocheting Like Crazy
Who is the youngest crocheter you know?