This is where you can find the links to all of my favorite crochet blog posts from around the web this week.
Smart Words About Crochet
- Which Yarn Diet is Right For You? Ha ha! @poetryinyarn’s smart post comparing yarn buying options to popular diets.
- Small Twist on a Traditional Granny Square. Le Monde Du Sucrette shares a symbol chart for a small variation on a two-color granny square. Another good granny square post this week was Bunny Mummy’s tutorial on adding a chain round to granny squares.
- Buy Crochet Patterns for your eReader. @armazey shares some thoughts on crochet + technology today.
- Inspiration: Zoe Vest. @GoCrochet shares her thought process behind making this crochet pattern originally published in Interweave Magazine.
- Top 11 Crochet Books of 2011. Great roundup by @newstitchaday! I’m happy to see I reviewed most of them, although not all, here on the blog last year.
Great Crochet People Are Making
Made In K-town is participating in Beyond the Square and I love the ying yang twist she put on this crochet motif
@twinkiechan made this crochet painting of steamed dumplings; visit her site to see how the drawing became a crochet piece.
@elevenhandmade was commissioned to make several items for New York Fashion Week for designer Leila Shams. The original post shows all the terrific designs.
Helpful Tips and Tutorials and Crochet Patterns
video shared by FaveCrafts
- How to Wear a Long Scarf. Really stylish share from @freshstitches
- How to Crochet with Mesh Yarn. Smart tips from Tanis Galik for using affordably acrylic mesh yarn to make ruffled scarves.
- Forever Love 12″ Square Pattern. Love this crochet pattern share from One Crochet Day at a Time
- Amigurumi.net. This is a new site with amigurumi patterns including some free patterns. Found this via @craftgossip
- Understanding Crochet Shaping. Some basics from @crochetspot
- Crocheting in the Round: How and Where to Join. Excellent photos that clear up any questions.
Other Fun Crochet Posts
- Crocheters, Knitters Doing Essential Work. Suzann’s Textile Fusion shares a World War II ad seeking crocheters to come assemble radio tubes for the war effort. Fun find!
- That Time We Brought Home a Rat. This post actually has nothing to do with crochet but there are the cutest photos of the rat on some granny squares. @kitschydigitals
- New Craft Magazine in UK. Sue over at SIBOL shared some info about a new UK magazine called Craft & Click that looks interesting.
- Crocheting a Yarn Skein to Hold Crochet Hooks. Things Bright found the most fun vintage idea to crochet what looks like a skein of yarn and use it to hold your hooks. Adorable.
And some special thanks this week
- Inside Crochet for mentioning the Favorite Craft Blog awards on their blog which I was honored to be a runner up winner of.