This is where you can find the links to all of my favorite crochet blog posts from around the web this week.
Smart Words About Crochet
- Jocelyn Brown’s Tapestry Crochet. Another great crocheter highlight from Carol Ventura.
- Why Meet with Local Crafters? Tanis Galik of Interlocking Crochet shares a good experience.
Great Crochet People Are Making
@caseyplusthree is doing a great job on her “grannies and ripples” blanket
What a cute crochet toddler turban from @thisiscarrie
And what a cute “happy flower decoration” from color-genius crocheter Attic24
Helpful Tips and Tutorials
- How to Style a Bow. I could definitely refer to this as I continue on with my 365 Ways to Wear Crochet project! @masxalitsa
- How to Block a Knit or Crochet Hat. @strandcrochet has the scoop
- Tips for Making Your Crochet Patterns into Kits. Smart business help from @freshstitches
Adorable Crochet Patterns
- 3 Cool Crochet Pattern Stores. @becraftsy has launched its pattern stores and this article highlights three of them: @lindamade, @MadisonCrftNook and Sweet Kiwi Croc.
- Swedish Heart Free Crochet Pattern. Note that this one from YarnRoundHook is in UK terminology.
- Crochet Scallops and Spirals EBook. Gorgeous patterns! Now for sale by freeformer Renate Kirkpatrick.
- Win a CD collection with one year of Interweave Crochet. Via @poetryinyarn. Deadline 2/12/12.
- Happy Valentine’s Day Hook Contest. Jimbo is giving away a handmade wooden crochet hook. Deadline 2/14/12.
- Win a Copy of Seamless Crochet. Get the book by @Kristin_Omdahl from @plainsight. Deadline 2/16/12.
- Use Up That Yarn. Crochet pattern book giveaway. Book by @thecrochetdude. Giveaway @cutecrochet. Deadline 2/15/12.
- And don’t forget that there’s still time to enter the Crochet Concupiscence giveaway to win two free crochet patterns.
Yarn and Yarnbombing Posts
- Showing Off Yarn Dyeing. Enjoyed the visual instruction of this post from The Garden Bell.
- Understanding How Yarn Texture and Color Interact. Informative post from @lionbrandyarn.
- Caring for Easy Care Yarns. Smart tips from @kp_twitter